• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Always found these interesting, so when I came across one at a decent price the other day I brought it home. WWI model 1917 US trench knife with the triangle shaped blade. This one is made by American Cutlery Co.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      76.2 KB · Views: 232

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Replica? Price?

It looks pristine, the handle appears perfect. Would love to see close up of the pummel, knuckles (from the front) and shape of the blade from the pointy end.

Thanks for sharing, great looking collectable.

It's an original and it is in better shape than most. Has almost all the finish on the metal except for a few areas of very minor pitting on the blade. The handle may have been refinished, but given the excellent condition of the rest of the knife I'm leaning towards it being original, but I'm no expert. It looks better in the photos than in person though as the pics hide some of the wear, its definitely not perfect. The tip on it is still needle sharp though. Paid $180 for this one which is a decent bit lower than similar A.C.Co. examples I have seen recently. Unfortunately this one doesn't have the leather scabbard which would have easily doubled it's value over what I paid. I'll get some more detailed pics up soon.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Here are a few more pics. These were designed with trench warfare in mind, supposedly to be able to puncture the heavy overcoats of the Germans. The triangular blade also made a nasty wound that wouldn't heal well.
    image.jpg

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Sorry for the poor photo, this reads A.C.CO. U.S.A. 1917
    Which was American Cutlery Company. A.C.Co. And LF&C (Landers, Fray, and Clark) were the two big manufacturers of the model 1917, seems the LF&C knives are a bit more common though.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom