• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Is the park inside the city limits of Leonardtown? Do they have a city/town ordnance that restricts the discharging of firearms that predates the Maryland preemption laws?

Crow Bait

Feb 9, 2013
    Hollywood, MD
    Is the park inside the city limits of Leonardtown? Do they have a city/town ordnance that restricts the discharging of firearms that predates the Maryland preemption laws?

That's an angle I haven't considered. I don't believe the park is inside the town limits. Also, I don't think the town has any gun laws.

I'll investigate more.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    I know Leonardtown has a County Seat "no firearm policy" similar to La Plata's town limits. Not sure how far the boundaries of Leonardtown, proper, extend though.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    It wouldn't encompass the entire zip code?

La Plata's doesn't. With all of the rural area in Leonardtown, I doubt it does there either. Just a very wide area around the courthouses.

They figured it out in another thread posted about the same topic. UXO was discovered on site and they shut it down for all activities, but when they opened it back up for the public, no hunting was allowed.

There is a petition in that thread to allow hunting again.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

What does having the law predate the MD preemption do?

When MD preempted, they preempted all existing and future such laws.

That is why MoCo still has the no ammunition sold in teh county rule, but it not enforceable.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC

No it is not inside the city of Leonardtown. That refers to old Leonardtown and the closely surrounding areas only.

Dave Taylor

May 29, 2012
    I thought I read in the Enterprise that there was a push by "'neck' locals to force the park area into bein' a low use, low noise, low impact area.

Mebee' someones' makin' the case that iff'n a hunter misses and hits into a bank..... sumpin' may explode. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom