• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44 Bulldog

Oct 25, 2012
    Dunkirk-Calvert County
    My neighbor called me last night around 7pm (Dark) and said a young black male just knocked on his door trying to sell electric solar panels????? wearing tan pants and a black hoodie pulled up over his head, not saying he was doing anything wrong but just wanted to get the word out maybe casing the neighborhood?????

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    He might just be a well intended yet inexperienced residential salesman who didn't realize his hoody might be perceived as out of the ordinary selling solar panels after dark. :lol2: In Baltimore he might be received as a great salesmen sans the three piece suit. :rolleyes: On the other hand, I wouldn't leave my HD weapon out of reach just in case, and probably wouldn't even open the door. We have had a number of home invasions here. Just never know. When you see things out of the ordinary it is okay to question what's going on.

Last edited:

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    IIRC, solicitors are required to display a permit when they knock on doors.

Curious about this. Had some idiot from 'direct' trying to see my electric bill? Prob wants to sell the supply. I told him to get the hell off my property because I'm a grumpy person ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Wasn't there a scam in AA not long ago like this that was tied to thefts ?

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    My neighbor called me last night around 7pm (Dark) and said a young black male just knocked on his door trying to sell electric solar panels????? wearing tan pants and a black hoodie pulled up over his head, not saying he was doing anything wrong but just wanted to get the word out maybe casing the neighborhood?????
    Same thing happened here in Budds Creek. last week around 6:30 or 7 in the dark my drive way alarm went off and it was some one walking up my drive to the house. I went and grab my G19 and let him ring the door bell and watched in tell he went to the neighbors and found out from them he was selling solar panels, they said no thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom