Solicited to buy handgun ilegaly. Is this a common thing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Bloomberg's group is known to troll armslist looking for things they can tout as illegal activity. especially in the va area.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Just refuse the sale and move on. Frankly, direct sales of any guns between 2 individuals shouldn't be illegal or regulated. But because it is, you have to refuse his offer. Still, why turn him in for something that shouldn't be illegal in the first place?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Agree to the sale, call the MSP and inform them of the time/place you are meeting said individual. They will be there and can scoop him up.

If it is them, you just called their bluff and busted them.

I would change the order of this...

Inform authorities
    If they're willing to do a bust, then agree to sale
    Meet
    Watch idjit get carted off (or if it was a sting, you get to maybe watch an interdepartmental pissing match)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    So I listed a cheap handgun (hi-point380) on armslist the other day. I had several people contact me about it, most of which had little to no clue about the new HQL requirments. One person though seemed interested in it and didn't seem to care about the legal way of purchasing it. First he said it was for his uncle (so I quickly explained why that wasn't going to work):bs:.
    Then he went on to say that he understood, but he had the money in hand and may also pay extra money. Does this happen regularly? has anyone else had this situation?

FYI he ain't getting it!

Its a trap (insert that star wars picture here)

More likely. MD state police.

Raylon Rules

I am Groot
    Feb 19, 2013
    C.C.C.M.D.
    I'd ignore and move on. Why seek to aid the government in catching a potential "felon?" If they have their way we'll all be felons soon enough.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Agree to the sale, call the MSP and inform them of the time/place you are meeting said individual. They will be there and can scoop him up.

If it is them, you just called their bluff and busted them.

This. If they want to stop things like straw purchases, and other things that put guns in the hands of criminals, this should be a very high-profile arrest. You want to set an example for people thinking of doing the same thing.....

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Tell him that you have a few hand grenades that you smuggled in from the war and those are for sale too. You'll find out if it's a law enforcement agency lol

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I would at least report the person to the list. If LEO, you've established that you are not prone to illegal shenanigans and perhaps you won't wind up on a watch/harass list.

I agree with this TOTALLY. At least you have it on some sort of official record that you were concerned and didn't even entertain the idea.

euchre98

Feb 13, 2009
    Leonardtown
    You've already told him no sale unless its acoording to the law. If he contacts you again I would tell him you changed you mind and are keeping it.

Take it to a gunshop and put it on consignment....

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    decline the sale thats all. do not open yourself up to litigation, not worth the hassle.

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    STAY AWAY FROM ARMS LIST..... It is full of scammers. I recently had photos and an ad for one of my guns posted on there by one of theses guys who stole my ad. I had a ccustomer call me to inform me that someone else was selling my gun for half price!! I'm messing with the guy now trying to buy my own gun but we are negotiating the shipping charges to ship it right to my house!! HA...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom