• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I voted for Hogan last election. As a owner of Binary triggers, Fostech echo and a bumpstock, he definitely does NOT have my vote after signing off my gun rights. If my wife votes this November, she too will not vote for him.

Whoah whoah whoah there, pal. Don't you understand that if the other shit sandwich had won in 2014 you would have gotten the same result you did in 2018? I can't believe you aren't champing at the bit to vote for a guy who put some people on the handgun permit review board and then signed a bill to make it virtually irrelevant. Talk about the successes, here.

Can't believe Republican voters these days

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    So did Wayne LaPierre, Chris Cox, and Donald Trump. On NRA TV Chris Cox supported red flag bills and said states should get money to implement them.

Good luck trying to convince a bunch of Maryland Republicans to out-gun the NRA. Hogan carved out a position to the right of Trump on the red flag and bump stock bill.

People can argue that the NRA sold people out, I would not disagree. But thats the past. At this point, go along, or get left behind. There is no going back.

Lmao

"Sell your soul or get left behind."

I'll be left behind, thanks. At least I'll have some semblance of self respect.

I'm not a single-issue voter. With reelection I'd expect to see continued tax relief, representation for Western Maryland/Eastern Shore, the uneasy bipartisanship, along with school sytem and Baltimore City accountability.

When he first got elected and didn't immediately take on gun issues many here felt he may be smart to wait until his second term. One can only hope....

If you believe he is going to do anything pro 2A you're nuts. Every indication is that he is anti gun..

MSI is non-partisan by charter and we don't and can't endorse candidates, but this post by Danb ^^ is quite accurate in what MSI and others were able to accomplish and how that happened. All I can say is please don't make my life harder in Annapolis by sitting out the election and allowing others to elect hard core antis. Votes matter. Participation matters. Even when we don't get what we want, we can get *some* of what we want, some of the time (or stated differently we can defeat some of the stuff we hate). Some legislators aren't always there, but sometimes they are and they can help. There is always a spectrum. We have a two party system in the United States. Almost *always* that means picking the lesser of two evils. I don't like it either, but it is the reality.

You are asking us to ignore our principles and I for one cannot do that. Hogan has proven to me that he is more Democrat than Republican and I will never vote for a dem..ever..

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    You are asking us to ignore our principles and I for one cannot do that. Hogan has proven to me that he is more Democrat than Republican and I will never vote for a dem..ever..

No, he's asking you to ACT on your principals and vote for the lesser of 2 evils as is (as he points out) almost always the case in US elections, much less Maryland itself. Not voting for milktoast is voting FOR horseradish.

Your vote is not always FOR something, sometimes its AGAINST something else.

I urge everyone to vote and vote against avowed anti 2A candidates

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

I think he's asking people to use common sense.

Even when faced with the lesser of two evils, failure to choose the lesser of them is irrational.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Choosing evil is irrational.

Some people fail to distinguish anything other than black and white, or good and bad. Some don't even distinguish between good, better, and best.

If there's good, better, and best, isn't there also bad, worse, and worst?

How often do we have to make choices between the best and "good"?

When we can't have what we want, or even what we think is "good," don't we also sometimes have to make choices between "bad" and "worse"?

Is there anybody here who's never been between a rock and a hard place or had to make tough choices between two less-than-desired outcomes?

Some people here talk as though they would step off a curb into the crosswalk in front of a Mack truck as a matter of principle, because they have the right of way and they're right. That's called "roadkill," even if they were right. Principled roadkill, but still roadkill.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Some people fail to distinguish anything other than black and white, or good and bad. Some don't even distinguish between good, better, and best.

When we can't have what we want, or even what we think is "good," don't we also sometimes have to make choices between "bad" and "worse"?

Is there anybody here who's never been between a rock and a hard place or had to make tough choices between two less-than-desired outcomes?

Some people here talk as though they would step off a curb into the crosswalk in front of a Mack truck as a matter of principle, because they have the right of way and they're right. That's called "roadkill," even if they were right. Principled roadkill, but still roadkill.

Here’s my analogy of this election

If I had a 5 year old daughter, my choices of a babysitter are a known child molester, a child rapist, a realtively unknown regular guy.

Who do I hire?

Or do I call my dad? Or stay home

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Voting for the lesser of two evils in Maryland is like living paycheck to paycheck. Each year the taxes go up, you don't get much of a raise, credit card debt increases, and you get a bit worse off than the year before.

Voting on principals is like saving until it hurts each week. Doing without a lot of things and making your life suck a bit now but with a huge payoff when you retire.

Do you want to continue the status quo, and get worse every year, or do you want to feel some pain for a bit but create a better tomorrow?

No it is like quitting your job so you won't have a paycheck to worry about dividing up.

Doing without and making your life suck a bit now is closer to voting for the candidate that will help the cause a least a little bit.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit

Sure. Hogan is not on the good side of your equation though.

This does not seem relevant.

You are presenting a false dilemma here. We are not limited to two bad and worse candidates. There are other options.

When the D is a Mack, and the R is a Peterbilt, you are roadkill either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom