• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • _JT_

Jan 30, 2009
    Cecil County
    A guy that is in my hunt club claims he saw like 15 deer last week in a herd. I have yet to see more than a couple of deer together on our hunting property and I think I'd probably be so shocked to see that I'd have missed as well. He fired twice and the gun jammed in between. He shot four times last Saturday and only hit one. :sad20:

I didn't see anything this past Saturday. Nothing for this firearms season for me either. Hopefully my shiny new Encore gets put to good use this weekend and next. Wish I had more time to hunt, but it's Saturday's only for me due to my work schedule.

Sounds like that guy should invest in a scope or in a range membership :lol2:

I really wish the season was longer, because i want more for my freezer.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    A guy that is in my hunt club claims he saw like 15 deer last week in a herd. I have yet to see more than a couple of deer together on our hunting property and I think I'd probably be so shocked to see that I'd have missed as well. He fired twice and the gun jammed in between. He shot four times last Saturday and only hit one. :sad20:

I didn't see anything this past Saturday. Nothing for this firearms season for me either. Hopefully my shiny new Encore gets put to good use this weekend and next. Wish I had more time to hunt, but it's Saturday's only for me due to my work schedule.

I wouldn't doubt that report, I have been seeing anywhere from 15-23 on our big field over the past several weeks. It's the getting close enough to tag one what is being the issue. I have not seen them in 3 4 days though.

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Bigger pictures as requested. Hope this works. Got this deer this past Saturday. Just got the meat back from the processor this evening. Yummy.

Attachments

• deer1.jpg
      deer1.jpg
      37.2 KB · Views: 162
    • deer2.jpg
      deer2.jpg
      38.8 KB · Views: 155

trebark

Hiding in plain sight
    Aug 3, 2009
    Falls Church, VA
    I wouldn't doubt that report, I have been seeing anywhere from 15-23 on our big field over the past several weeks. It's the getting close enough to tag one what is being the issue. I have not seen them in 3 4 days though.

How close do you need to get? Is there something in the way? If you can get to 300 yards, it's not a tough shot.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I'll try to get out tomorrow, Been chained to my laptop for the last 7 days for On Call at work. I have cabin fever BAD. Need to kill something. :envy:

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    How close do you need to get? Is there something in the way? If you can get to 300 yards, it's not a tough shot.

Well the issue is, I can't shoot 300 yards with my bow, (I'm sure someone here probably can), but, I see all these deer during bow season, shotgun season comes around and they would never come out on the right side of the field. There's more to than shooting 300 yards, and we can use rifles. I have video posted by way of the SMST website, but, it's the getting me and them in the right place at the right time is what creates the "fail" result LOL

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Well here's my kill report for the season:

1. A few brain cells,

2. A bunch of "swimmers",

3. Time; typing this post for what it's worth:lol2:

4. Two crows at the same time doing 60 mph:innocent0

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    OMG a red fox walked by my poultry, really too bold. I refreshed the fox sets since red fox tracks were seen walking right past without stopping. Bad foxes! Hopefully I get to see a dozen deer moving about tomarrow. Trap checking causes this alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom