So...looks like I may be moving back to WV...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    That's the way I used to go. This time I tried both going from Elkins to Parsons to Thomas to Mt Storm on the way to MD, and on the way back I came to Mt. Storm and cut through Canaan to Harman. The way home was faster, and the new road is so easy to drive and it is really pretty.

If they would finish the road from Elkins to Parsons, that would be great but the old road is terrible, so Canaan and Harman ended up being better.

The fastest way I always used to travel when I was still back and forth between Westminster/Baltimore County and Elkins was: Elkins <-> Harman <-> Canaan <-> Davis <-> Mt. Storm <-> Keyser <-> Cumberland and then 68/70.

I could never beat my time on that route... I tried. :innocent0

I lived in Keyser for just over 3 years, and had worked in Thomas for ~3 years as well, never mind the 6 days a week of race practice @ Canaan & Timberline growing up where I learned to drive...

I'm still waiting for H to be finished... It was originally supposed to be done 17 years ago?

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Just got back from The Johns Hopkins hospital for treatment. My wife and I could not wait to get back to our home. Her and I haven't been happier since Wales Wisconisn. 12 years working at JHH watching it begin its slow slide into mediocrity from number one to three was enough. My biggest problem was my lawn tractors fan came apart. A pipe wrench replacement fan and 100 foot pounds of torque it's fixed. Love this retirement. Been to the strawberry festival, Blue Gray festival fireworks at the fairground what's not to love. Btw the pleasant Creek range is great.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Never been to Pleasant Creek, how are the target set ups?

Are you talking about the DNR range?

I've only been to the Pedlar range up near Morgantown (which is often closed due to abuse-litter, unathorized targets, etc). If Pleasant Creek is anything like Pedlar, all they have is a covered bench area with several benches. There are no targets. You bring your own target to walk out and set up.

The benches are nice though.

Again, never been to Pleasant Creek - This is Pedlars. I'm assuming they're similar, but could be wrong.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Never been to Pleasant Creek, how are the target set ups?

You have to bring your own. People sometimes bring boxes to put targets on. The other day someone left them even though they ask you to remove them. I use my old AGC target stand. Fold the extension back and it stands up. I'll post a picture later. And yes it is a DNR range. 200 yard range to the left. 15 minutes from my house.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      96.9 KB · Views: 100

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads