• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I loved it and now I’m looking to go buy one. Seems like an excellent choice for home defense and suppressed shooting. Thoughts?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    It's a design that's been around for a long time and seems solid. There are a lot of options, and SIG seems to do runs of specific subtypes. If you like it, and can afford it, buying that particular example might be a good idea.

Also, you could try different variations in case there is one you like better...but don't snooze too long.

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    Personally I have a love for Sigs and especially the p226. Its an all around great firearm. As Art says, sold design with lots of options. Luckily my wife will never know how many I’ve bought. :innocent0

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    If you like the Elite, check out the Legion as well. My P226 Legion is hands down the smoothest shooting handgun I own.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Do you mean concealed carry?? Or carry in combat? Carry in combat has been proven by the Navy SEALS. I would think that for CCW it would be challenging and a difficult package to "hide". My 2 cents.
    Was wondering if the smaller one would be nice for CC. But probably a bit of a challenge.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    The Elite series guns have some nice features that set them apart from standard Sigs. The P229 (9mm) and P220 (45acp/5") pictured are older models with S/S German frames. Both are heavy, soft shooters. The Plain Jane West German P220 in the right side photo is one of my all time favorite semi-auto pistols, and I don't miss any of the extra stuff when I shoot it.

Attachments

• 20190904_194510.jpg
      20190904_194510.jpg
      284.9 KB · Views: 39
    • 20190419_091806.jpg
      20190419_091806.jpg
      138.1 KB · Views: 36
    Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Was wondering if the smaller one would be nice for CC. But probably a bit of a challenge.
    The P229 is thick. One of my favorite guns in the world, but it's a tough one to carry IWB. I did it for many years for work. Best suited for OWB.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    I have owned Sig Sauer pistols for years now. All of them shoot good for what they are.
    I ran a case of 9mm through a P226 plain Jane pistol that functioned flawlessly.
    I have a P229 Legion that is just a hair smaller than a service sized P226 and shoots every bit as good if not better. Its a close enough to run competition with. I bought the P229 to serve as a concealed carry should I need it.
    For the money you cannot go wrong with a Sig. They are easy to take apart and clean and all of mine have shot everything through them without a hiccup.

BurtonRW

Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    I shoot my P228 (same dimensions as the P229, superior slide and balance, IMO) better than anything else I own, so it’s my primary carry gun. I have no problem concealing it OWB at 3:30-4:00 or in a shoulder rig, depending on wardrobe.

-Rob

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I carry a P229 hot or cold weather, but then again, I'm not as thin as Fabs and it rides well at 4 o'clock IWB all day long. 18 round, 9mm P226 mags fit it perfectly with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom