So I Need to Get (Yet Another) Dedicated Nipple Wrench? ... Really?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Just a short rant, so please bear with me...

This afternoon I planned on cleaning this new Pietta 1858 Army to get it ready for a range trip tomorrow: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=183769

I have (so I thought) everything I need to make white smoke: The correct lead balls, caps, Triple 7, bore butter and all the right cleaning tools and supplies along with some BP experience. The ONE thing I DON"T have is a nipple wrench that will fit Pietta Revolver cylinders... :banghead:

When I bought my 1847 Walker I learned quickly it needed a dedicated nipple wrench - so I bought one. Now I've discovered another BP revolver that requires its own dedicated tools. I'll get a wrench that fits. But to me, it's kinda like having a razor of one brand that the blades of another won't work in...Really?

One thing I have learned about BP shooting is there is no standardization. Seems it's always been that way. No wonder Custer and his troops met an ill fate at the Little Big Horn. Perhaps they were lacking the simple basic tools too...

End of rant...

:sad20:

Attachments

• DSC04571.jpg
      DSC04571.jpg
      51.2 KB · Views: 159
    • DSC04566.jpg
      DSC04566.jpg
      35.5 KB · Views: 160
    • DSC04567.jpg
      DSC04567.jpg
      33.8 KB · Views: 154

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Buy any old POS cheap-azz nipple wrench from Cabela and it'll work like a charm. If not, hammer it to the right gap. It's not like you're gonna use it on the Space Shuttle or something. Mine worked like a champ right out of the gate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom