So guys do you think we made an impact yesterday?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    You are not up to speed. The bill was weakened to get it through and it will still fail in the courts. If every one who said its over showed up maybe it would be.. in our favor.

Stop talking our support out of showing up.

And frankly if you show up but talk 3 others out of coming it might be better if you stayed home and they came. We need to get out the moderates who agree but think its lost. Please stop this silly talk.

Nobody is talking anybody out of anything, so try selling that guilt trip somewhere else. I've showed up and done my part, just like I do every year. You are in no position to know or question anything about my subject knowledge or commitment to the cause.

What makes you so sure the courts are going to decide in our favor? The courts rule in favor of unconstitutional laws all the time.

Last edited:

FreeState

Ultimate Member
    Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    What are our next steps? Target the weaker candidates that voted for and moneybomb their opponents?

The only way to stall/halt creeping liberalism in Maryland and across the country is vote out all those elected officials who vote in favor of legislation that will degrade our 2A rights. Hopefully, gun owners in Maryland and across the county are finally mad enough to vote these buttheads out of office.

It is the only way to effect change.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    There were a lot of people who counted on the courts to throw out ZeroCare because it was unconstitutional. They almost made it, too. Until Benedict Roberts decided to switch his vote because elections have consequences.

So for all of you who couldn't vote for MR because RP was the one true libertarian, or Sarah got you too excited, that's the story. The one thing the progs do is hang together. We have no sense of common purpose, absolutely none. They know it, and they use it to win.

Elections have consequences.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    The only way to stall/halt creeping liberalism in Maryland and across the country is vote out all those elected officials who vote in favor of legislation that will degrade our 2A rights. Hopefully, gun owners in Maryland and across the county are finally mad enough to vote these buttheads out of office.

It is the only way to effect change.

Exactly, and that is the point. Going back to Annapolis year after year to fight the same types of legislation is a long term losing strategy. As I've said before, the antis only need to be right once. Turning out as many people as we can in Annapolis is important, but the long term goal needs to be a fundamental political shift to flush a bunch of these turds come election time. We need to make sure they understand there is a direct correlation between unconstitutional behavior and their new job working the drive through window.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Nobody is talking anybody out of anything, so try selling that guilt trip somewhere else. I've showed up and done my part, just like I do every year. You are in no position to know or question anything about my subject knowledge or commitment to the cause.

What makes you so sure the courts are going to decide in our favor? The courts rule in favor of unconstitutional laws all the time.

Every time you say its over you depress our turnout. In fact you are taking me out of showing up. This is why we need to stay upbeat on the boards. :)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Every time you say its over you depress our turnout. If fact you are taking me out of showing up. This is why we need to stay upbeat on the boards. :)

I'm going, even if I am the only one there.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    What blows my mind is how even in the midst of historic turnout against this bill, (the people are clearly speaking lound and clear) that we'll be ignored and swept aside, and they'll proceed forward with their agenda.

This state really needs to clean house in their government.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Every time you say its over you depress our turnout. In fact you are taking me out of showing up. This is why we need to stay upbeat on the boards. :)

Do people even read anymore? Nowhere did I say it was over. If I thought it was over do you think I would have taken vacation time to go to Annapolis?

If you are going to try to put words in my mouth, at least get it right.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    FYI guys 1307 is not the right maximum number. My daughter was # 1321A and I met at least three people who had numbers above her. She got to testify at about 3 AM. Someone ought to pull the computer records and get the official count but it was more than that.
    I talked to Patrick about this at about 0330 that morning. I was #1324. He explained to me that the system issued numbers serially for all that registered, regardless of position. Your "A" was noted, but only means that you were person #1321 to register to testify.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Do people even read anymore? Nowhere did I say it was over. If I thought it was over do you think I would have taken vacation time to go to Annapolis?

If you are going to try to put words in my mouth, at least get it right.

Ok I misunderstood. I apologize. Hopefully if anyone else made the same error they will read these posts and realize that. See you on Tuesday !!!

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    FYI guys 1307 is not the right maximum number. My daughter was # 1321A and I met at least three people who had numbers above her. She got to testify at about 3 AM. Someone ought to pull the computer records and get the official count but it was more than that.

1307 + 32 = 1339

Everybody was numbered in the same order regardless of position. If we see 1340, then we got old numbers.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I don't understand why this is a discussion between doing this or that. Do this AND that, run as long as you can, as fast as you can. Work until you can work no longer.

Minds here are controlled by the TV mentality, everything needs to be wrapped up in by the 58 minute mark to allow 2 minutes of commercials before the next show. We showed up 2/6 and last Friday. That's a good place to start, but a lousy place to finish.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Don't ask me anymore. Ask the people who stopped me in the hallways today to tell me about their gun-controlling delegates using words like "full of ********" in public to talk about the Governor's bills.

Nothing is assured, but it helps when they share such frank opinions with those of us in the unwashed masses.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Ask the people who stopped me in the hallways today to tell me about their gun-controlling delegates using words like "full of ********" in public to talk about the Governor's bills.

Oh my, someone needs to spill. They don't have to name names, but I'm kinda curious. I wonder if some people's votes were assumed so they didn't receive promises of future kickbacks from the governor.

:popcorn:

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    What blows my mind is how even in the midst of historic turnout against this bill, (the people are clearly speaking lound and clear) that we'll be ignored and swept aside, and they'll proceed forward with their agenda.

This state really needs to clean house in their government.

Mopar announced his 2014 run to the committee, that's a start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom