• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jun 23, 2012
    Glengary WV
    Hey everyone - we are having really cool informal sniper match Sat Sept 1st
    8AM check in at the HQ office. A few spots are still open. Unknown distance shooting and known distance will be shot on our "frontier range" Shots from 250 to 1300 with angle shooting. Pics are avalable of this range on our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Peacemaker-National-Training-Center/139375819442377

Lot's of targets out to 800. If you have not shot long range and or feel you have a rig that will work, bring it out. We will be available to help you. Caliber's must be .35 or under.

Also see a great shooting demo of the Gunwerks Rifle System and the G7 BR2 rangefinder...

Here is the registation link:
    http://events.r20.constantcontact.co...&llr=chaiuhjab

Jun 23, 2012
    Glengary WV
    this link should work: People are able to get to it and are registering.... It may be a browser problem... http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e690lzpjc183aead&llr=chaiuhjab

Additional Match Requirements:

- 60 - 80 rounds of ammunition required (perfect shooting will be 20 hits)

- No sighters, range finders & windmeeters are permitted

- Bipod, pack rests, rear bags are permitted

- Muzzel breaks & silincers permitted (please bring your permit if you bring a silencer)

- Semi- Automatic or bolt actions permitted

- Shooting mats are recommended

Course of Fire: 2 Squads of 12 shooters, two stages of fire

Stage 1: Unknown distance - 10 min squad prep time. 1 min individual shooter prep time. Unknown distance (no range finders) 10 targets, 10 min per shooter - points only no time score

Stage 2: Known distance- target distances will be given. 10 min squad prep time. 1 min individual shooter prep time. Known distance - range finders permitted . 10 targets, 10 min per shooter - points only no time score

Winner is targets hit total, least rounds shot is tie breaker. Targets will vary in shape & size. PNTC officials will keep score. All rulings are final. 70% - 90% of targets will be set inside 800 yards.

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    Hope you guys keep doing these, as they sound great. This is the same day as Alleghany Sniper Challenge and I will be at that match, but I will certainly look to attend these in future.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    A little bit more notice on the events would be nice too. :innocent0 Makes it easier to get a kitchen pass. :lol2: Sounds like a good match though.

Jun 23, 2012
    Glengary WV
    Hi - we did not realize this was the same weekend as Alleghany Sniper Challenge....If you go tell those guys we did not know this was there date. We try to be careful about things like that. We will be holding these matches a lot with lots of variations. We'll post them on MD shooters soon.

On supressors, just bring your legal paperwork authorizing you to use it.

rkgsmith

Nov 26, 2011
    I've shot at this range and it's gtg. Rolling hills and lots of space make it great. Even if your just going to go out to have a day of shooting it's worth the trip.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Serious post. Broke ass mechanic here. Would I be wasting my time with a Mosin? And surplus ammo?

Jun 23, 2012
    Glengary WV
    check this video out of the sniper match and PNTC's new "Frontier" range. This is different than our 1000 yard range on the main complex. If you want to get a sneak peek of the Gunwerks system and G7 BR2 see the end of the video. Thanks to Drew Blitz for filming and editing this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga1JTqUH51E

We will anounce our next match date soon. It will be in Oct. We will have these matches frequently and one "Mega" shoot each year...

Jun 23, 2012
    Glengary WV
    PNTC Long Range Challenge Match Sat Oct 27th

Everyone - The next long range challenge match is Sat Oct 27th - Registration now open. 4 Stages of fire - you may range targets with range finders. Wind meters permitted. PNTC will give ranges if needed since most folks don't have the gear needed to range the targets. Here is the registration & info link:
    http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e6cmd0dqdb551eba

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    This looks like LOTS of fun but I don't think I have enough MOA to get out to 1,200, even with a hold over. I need an additional 14 MOA for that extra 200 yards, yikes.

Maybe another time...you folks have fun.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    This looks like LOTS of fun but I don't think I have enough MOA to get out to 1,200, even with a hold over. I need an additional 14 MOA for that extra 200 yards, yikes.

Maybe another time...you folks have fun.

Match details said that "70% of targets will be set inside 800 yards" so you might as well come out and get some trigger time and practice milling targets. :party29::party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom