• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I've done a little research on different brands of snap caps. It seems Tiptons are the best. Have you guys found ones you like better? Any others that you like?

aaron.foulk

Feb 16, 2013
    I only use A-zoom.

+1. These are especially good if you want to do practice with reloading a revolver or shotgun and aren't setup roll your own practice dummies.

Along the same lines, the fiocchi dummy loads seem really good for shotgun loading practice.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I've used them all and A-Zooms have been the most reliable for checking cycling and dry firing. I haven't gotten to the point with any that I've seen any excessive wear or breakage, so the guy doing the YouTube must really like doing dry firing exercises.

I use mine primarily for cycle checks after maintenance and cleaning, loading up a mag with 1/2 dozen rounds or so and quickly cycling them to check manual feed and ejection, dry firing an occasional round in between. I had a problem with ejection on a new M&P10 and the S&W tech asked which brand snap caps I was using. They recommended A-Zoom, which is what I tested with.

Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    I use mine primarily for cycle checks after maintenance and cleaning, loading up a mag with 1/2 dozen rounds or so and quickly cycling them to check manual feed and ejection, dry firing an occasional round in between. I had a problem with ejection on a new M&P10 and the S&W tech asked which brand snap caps I was using. They recommended A-Zoom, which is what I tested with.

For handgun function checks and reloading practice, I like these:

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...ies/centerfire-handgun-dummies-prod40860.aspx

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I agree with ProSooter, A-zooms have never given me trouble. I have also used Magpul dummy rounds in .223 and like them.

+1 or +2 for me - now problems. Besides any snap cap is better than no snap cap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom