• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    Smoking my first turkey breast today...brined it overnight and it's in the smoker now. My plan is to smoke it to 161-163 or so, then rest it for about 30 min aiming for peak temp of 165 degrees.

Also smoking a venison roast as a back-up plan in case the turkey breast goes wrong. Have settled on 145 degrees as optimum meat temp...very tender and juicy!

Anybody else smoking their own today? Will post pics if it turns out well...

ejholt

Feb 6, 2013
    Me too, HogCommander.

I'm gonna cook at about 225, should take about 4-5 hours. I'll try to remember to take a pic. This too is my first attempt at smoking a Turkey!:party29:

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    The family loved my smoked turkey the past couple of years... brining and rubbing inside to me is essential.

I can't smoke venison though... always end up drying it out, even when wrapped in bacon. I can grill it, but can't smoke nor make jerky with venison.

lonebrave

Sep 27, 2014
    Smoked a whole turkey a couple weeks ago. Turned out well. Will be smoking another one on Saturday for Thanksgiving with the family.

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    I failed in my camera duties...kitchen got too busy. That said, another successful smoker mission! Pulled the turkey breast at 165 degrees internal and let it rest for 20 minutes wrapped in foil and towels in a small cooler. Turned out amazing!

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    1417114673459.jpg smoke roasted at 325 I'm about two hours in and I just tented it with foil, for the last hour I'm adding the crabby Mac n' cheese and green bean casserole for a little smoke flavor on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom