• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Heavy Duty

Jul 19, 2007
    Houston,Texas
    I would appreciate any information that you may have on this 9mm. pistol. A lady that works with my wife is wanting to get rid of it. Her former husband gave it to her new. He supposedly paid $600 for the gun. She has only shot it a few times she says. I gather that she is a little afraid of guns and would rather be defenseless. She is a lot like my wife unfortunately.

I asked my wife to ask her for a price and the lady said she did not know and thought I would know what it is worth. Does anyone think $350-375 would be a fair price ? Also, I wonder about the track record of the Model
    908 ? I want a good deal but I do not want to be unfair.

Again, your help will be greatly appreciated !

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Oh no, its only worth a hundred bucks but I'll give you $125 :)

Seriously, $350-375 is a very fair price for that gun in the condition you describe. 908 is a second generation Smith automatic design. They're not HK's but they are pretty well made and desirable. I believe that particular model is still in production and yes they do go for close to $600 new at storefront gun stores. A lot of people like them for concealed or off-duty carry because they're thin and reliable.

sniper350

Oct 18, 2007
    Maryland
    The 908 is part of S&W 's "Value Series" .......... and is built with an alloy frame.

S&W was attempting to build cheapened down versions of their top line products.

A walther p-99C compact would be a much better value for your hard earned money............but if you can get the gun on the cheap - I guess it might be a good deal. I don't like alloy frame handguns, especially if they are called a "value series" handgun ;)

S&W made a few reliable semi-autos that I would bet my life on -- but only a damn few !

JF.

Heavy Duty

Jul 19, 2007
    Houston,Texas
    I offered her $300 because the local gun shop said that was what they would hope to get for it after pricing it for $350. My guess is that she will not accept my offer because her financial situation requires her to get the most money possible.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Heavy Duty

Jul 19, 2007
    Houston,Texas
    I will look at the Walther P-99C next week. It is doubtful that the lady will sell me the S&W 908 for $300. I kind of hope that she does not. No one has spoken real highly of the 908 but I have made an offer and will honor it as long as it looks almost new. It seems that I could always unload it for $300-375.

Thanks for your input on the alloy frame and the "value series" information.

Heavy Duty

Jul 19, 2007
    Houston,Texas
    I wanted to let you know that I bought the Smith&Wesson 908 for $300. The lady threw in 2 boxes of ammo, a holster and carrying case, cleaning kit and laser. It looked brand new and had no scratches on it.

I took it out last week but only fired 28 rounds. Everything went fine. It was accurate and easy to handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom