• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RAF

MDS Supporter
    Dec 24, 2012
    Had mine since 2013, not had a problem with it. Used Wolf steel, Federal brass, not any issues. P mags work fine with it.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I really like my M&P 10. The ambi controls are nice. I found a UTG aluminum rail for it and free floated the barrel. Trigger upgrade and new stock. It's been 100% reliable and I like it. I do wish there were more after market parts. I put a CNC 4lb trigger in it which I had to mod due to the ambi bolt release. I just used a cutting wheel on the Dremel and cut a notch out of it. Only a cosmetic adjustment. Pmags work great and I did replace the FH thing because it's odd looking. It has holes like a brake and slits like an FH but whatever it's just too big. I put an AAC brake on it in case I get a can, which I want to do, just been lazy and poor.

If I had gotten a standard one, I probably was going to get an aluminum handguard/rail and float the barrel, but since mine is all camo, I think right now I will try to see if there are any heat shield that fit these hand guard. They look longer than the M4 type handguards on my AR. This model also appears to have a heavier, unthreaded barrel.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Birthday present from Mrs. Occam. Only had it out to 50 yards so far to get that Nikon glass in the neighborhood and test that Magpul bipod. So far soo good! And who needs to go to the gym? Just carry that sumbitch around the house for a little while every day.

For what it’s worth, one box of ammo and I was getting hole-touching groups. Had one failure to pick up the next round from the mag, but I’m chalking that up to it being new and, I realized later, definitely an under-lubed BCG. Looking forward to finding a couple hundred yards and a pint of oil for the next outing.

Attachments

• 94929A06-BD5B-4CC0-BF18-610543775AB4.jpg
      94929A06-BD5B-4CC0-BF18-610543775AB4.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 143

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads