• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Yes !

The Volcanic Pistol , 1855 . Volcanic Arms Co founded by Horace Smith and Daniel Wesson.

But, to most people those are historical curiosities, or something they never heard of, not something S&W is known for.

So, I'm not sure if he was speaking to a very select audience, or more likely he misspoke and meant to refer to their modern day revolvers, which they are known for.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Yes !

The Volcanic Pistol , 1855 . Volcanic Arms Co founded by Horace Smith and Daniel Wesson.
    1706114220948.jpeg

1706114251326.jpeg

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    These new lever guns from both Henry and now S&w seem almost like direct copies of the Marlins.
    I think if I was after a lever gun it would be a Savage or a Browning.
    I also think an improvement to a lever gun would be something like it has through the stock bolt to secure the butt and not tang screws and so on.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I haven't watched the video near the top of this thread, but I did watch the following video. The fellow says it is too early to say for certain it is a hit, but so far so good.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I kinda like it. My only gripe with lever action guns, other than .22lr, is the ammo it typically more expensive than semi autos. I have a .30-30 and I can't get over how expensive the ammo is. Definitely not a plinker/fun gun.

This levergun is a 44 mag.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I will stick with my 20 year old JM 1894C Marlin in .357 Magnum. I'd like to pick up a Winchester lever gun, but a new S&W, not so much. But I love their revolvers.

tomcatfan

Jan 27, 2024
    St. Marys
    It is the year of the lever gun. There are several new ones hitting the street. They are all too expensive for what they are IMO. When you can buy 2 reliable ARs for the price of a lever gun, something seems off.

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    I saw Honest Outlaw's video on it and was very impressed with it. Not sure when or if I would buy one, but I would not be opposed to having it on the top of my list now should I consider one.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Supply and demand. They’re probably not planning on making and selling these for 50 years. So the cost of tooling and setup is figured in for a shorter time, and they need to recoup those expenditures.
    It is the year of the lever gun. There are several new ones hitting the street. They are all too expensive for what they are IMO. When you can buy 2 reliable ARs for the price of a lever gun, something seems off.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Comparing a lever gun to an AR is like comparing a 686 to a Glock. You clearly don’t get it.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I'm in the market for a .44 mag lever gun. I like the new threaded options from Marlin and others, this one looks like it might be in the running as well. I'll have to watch the videos and wait for some other reviews. Definitely interested though. I traded a bunch of 308 for .44 mag so I have a bunch right now. Using a .45 can on it would be fun as well. Only problem is I can't separate my can to get the shorter configuration minus 3 baffles. I'll probably need to soak the tube to loosen it up.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I handled one at the S&W booth at the Great American Outdoor Show.

Seemed like a nice rifle, but I won’t be buying one at that price point.

I’ll stick with my older Marlins, or I’ll buy a new Ruger Marlin in .45-70. Neither of them can can’t be beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom