• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I wanted to see if someone can recommend a gunsmith to look at my sons Remington 1100. Last year during a round of sporting clays the bolt locked. Took it home cleaned it and had it apart and reassembled but something is wrong. Either a piece broke or is missing. I am located in Kingsville, MD.

Thank you

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I asked this same thing a while back, here’s the thread with the suggestions folks had.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    did you get your issue resolved?

I asked this same thing a while back, here’s the thread with the suggestions folks had.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Not yet, my father passed away and suddenly fixing the shotgun for him didn’t seem so important anymore. When I get around to addressing it, I’ll more than likely be contacting Scott’s as suggested.
    Thanks for the reply, I thought I searched when looking for the issue and did not find that. Sorry to hear about your father passing.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Neighbor had his do the same thing. 50yo gun. Sent it to Remington. They fixed it, gave him a new butt pad and a box of ammo for free

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Yeah I would be very hesitant to send my shotgun off to new Remington in fear I may never see it again or not for a long while. Can someone send me a picture of their left side of the trigger assembly? I checked the issues with the action bar identified in the other thread but I dont think that is my issue. I do however have some shiny metal that caught my eye shown here and wonder if this could be causing the issue.

The issue is that when everything is put together the bolt will not slide into the open position, something is preventing that. When the trigger group is out or not all the way in the bolt slides freely.

Attachments

• receiver 1.jpg
      receiver 1.jpg
      38.2 KB · Views: 41
    • Receiver 2.jpg
      Receiver 2.jpg
      41.1 KB · Views: 42

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members