• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Are you speaking about firearms or magazines here?

I went back and clarified - the firearms - the majority of “new” (year 2000’s, etc.) Model 41 owners I am seeing post on forums such as Bullseye-L, etc. is that too many of the Model 41’s leaving the Performance Center are missing basic QC … if I were in the market for a Model 41 pistol I would seek ones from the 60’s and 70’s …

The 422, 622, and 2206 are no longer made and haven’t been since the 90’s. As for the mags, I’ll look into that, I’ve never seen them that cheap and very few places seem to even carry them anymore. The mags have always been interchangeable between the 41, 422/622 series, they are identical.

I know zero about any S&W semi rimfires beyond the Model 41 and my curiosity was certainly piqued at seeing the mags are interchangeable with another model pistol (makes sense that any mfr would build a new gun around an existing mag though; someone at Beretta - in Italy - once told me they have former Acokeek USA employee Drew Ursin to thank for enlightening them that, “If you design a new pistol around a magazine that Americans already own, they will buy that new pistol, just because they already have magazines that will work in the new gun!” Lol …)

Oh, at the present moment, the *10*-rd mags with the Model 41 “classic replacment” UPC are prolific, to say the least; just plug the UPC, SKU or MPN into any of the search engines: link here: https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/model 422 magazine

I am not saying they may always be prolific - supply could dry up in the blink of an eye the way our economy is headed.

Would love to have a few more of the 12 rounders but those seem to be pretty rare.

Indeed those 12-rdrs appear to be … I feel the same way about Model 52 mags … I started collecting Model 52’s at the same time I did Model 41’s and as luck would have it I bought a score of those .38Spl wadcutter mags to shoot PPC with in the 90’s. Today, Mdl 52 mags are fetching $150 in battered up used condition!

Attachments

• 6F5DAA17-62C6-4C4D-9B27-577B56731E92.jpg
      6F5DAA17-62C6-4C4D-9B27-577B56731E92.jpg
      90.6 KB · Views: 69

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads