• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    They are on the roster.

Can't help with pricing and availibility though.

gunone

MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2011
    MD
    I have been looking for one for awhile. Every local dealer in my area seems to be completely out of them and no idea when they will be able to get one.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    They are on the roster and I've had one on order since the end of May.

Edited.

I forgot to add that I'm probably going to go with the M&P 9c instead. It's a little bit bigger, but fits my hand much better.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    I've got one in .40- honestly, it's my least fav gun to shoot. Hell of a kick, and the grip is a tad too small for my hands.

This is compared to my 229 in .40 and and my 26, both I really enjoy shooting. The shield, ehh.

Edit: obviously the 26 is 9mm, and the 229 is full size, but my opinion is I'm ok with the 9mm in sub compact and ok with .40 in full size. But .40 in sub compact, polymer, shield frame, ehh. I'd like to try a shield in 9mm.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    They are on the roster and I've had one on order since the end of May.

Edited.

I forgot to add that I'm probably going to go with the M&P 9c instead. It's a little bit bigger, but fits my hand much better.

Check out the Springfield XDs. Very similar in size and I have heard allot of good things about them.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

The Shield has been on the Merry Land's "Approved Roster" since July...

I've held a "for display only" sample once...

I've been on the waiting list for a Shield in 9mm at Gun Connection since August...

They just aren't enough being produced to satisfy demand...

I probably have a better chance at winning the Lotto..OR..

Buying a 2013 Pontiac Bonneville...

But I'll be patient...

I'll let you know if & when I get one...

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I've got one in .40- honestly, it's my least fav gun to shoot. Hell of a kick, and the grip is a tad too small for my hands.

This is compared to my 229 in .40 and and my 26, both I really enjoy shooting. The shield, ehh.

Edit: obviously the 26 is 9mm, and the 229 is full size, but my opinion is I'm ok with the 9mm in sub compact and ok with .40 in full size. But .40 in sub compact, polymer, shield frame, ehh. I'd like to try a shield in 9mm.

Interested in selling the Shield .40!?!?!?!?!?
    You're the first person I've heard of, that has one.

Uncomfortable to train with. I would suggest a M&P9c instead.

You're saying that the Shield .40 is uncomfortable?? What ammo?? 165?? 180??? Other??

The reason I ask, I've been looking for a Shield .40, and no-one has been able to give an 'arrival date'.

I've got a Glock G26 (Gen4) that I carry, and have been thinking about the G27 (Gen4).

IF the Shield .40 is 'that' uncomfortable, I'll pass and go G27.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    165gr FMJ wwb and ferocci (sp?), and 180gr gold dots. About 250rds total through it.

I generally have a rule of not selling firearms, but if you make an offer I can't refuse, (via PM) it's yours. Please also keep in mind, it'll be coming with a hand made IWB horsehide holster that cost me $120. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352120069.494757.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352120088.877390.jpg

Im in MoCo, and will do the transfer at Engage, 2A or a local MSP, if you're close enough to meet me again after the wait and a "Not Disapproved" from MSP.

-Matt

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Interested in selling the Shield .40!?!?!?!?!?

IF the Shield .40 is 'that' uncomfortable, I'll pass and go G27.

And to directly answer this question- it's not "fun" in my opinion to shoot. It's accurate, has a good trigger. I enjoy shooting and generally a 100-150 round session is "normal" when I go to the range. The shield, I'm ok with 100rds in a session, but the last 20 are taxing.

If you wanted to try it out- I could meet at on target (or Gilbert's if you're a member) and let you shoot it.

Odiferous Maximus

Feb 16, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I have the Shield .40...but I live in Texas...I chose the Shield over the M&P40C/G27 because I can hide it better in shorts and a t-shirt, which I wear about 9 months out of the year down here.

It has a bit of a kick, but much less than the Kel-Tec PF-9 that I had before. It's pretty accurate (more correctly, I'm pretty accurate) at 20-25 feet. Neither I nor anyone I've seen firing the Shield .40 has experienced an issue with the magazines.

Hope this helps.

sigrug17

Jun 22, 2009
    Gaithersburg
    I have the Shield in 9mm. For its size it can be compaired to the Kel-tec PF-9, XDs, and with the 8rd mag...its just as tall as a Glock19. Grip is definitely thinner, probably bad for people with big hands. Its night and day shooting with the Shield compaired to the PF-9. A lot more control, I'm getting the same groups with my Shield @ 21-25ft as with my Glock19. Great carry/ backup firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom