• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    On Saturday, December 1, 2007, we, Continental Arms will be hosting a Smith and Wesson Day, which is essentially a dealer demo day. You can shoot any Smith that our rep brings in for free, provided that you use our ammunition. As of right now, it looks like I am going to have these guns as well as a few more:
    -7 1911's, 4 which will be Performance Center guns, at least 1 will be in 9mm
    -Every M&P, including the subcompact models
    -Every Sigma
    -Five J frames from 22 mag to either 357 mag or 44 mag
    -Performance Center 44 Mag
    -Performance Center 500 SW Mag
    -Model 41
    -M&P 15, an AR-15 chambered in 5.56/.223 (you will have to use our subsonic frangible ammo which is a bit pricey)
    -Walter P22, PPKS, and the relatively new PPS in 9mm
    Overall, we are looking at about 30-35 guns, it should be a fun day so come and join us.

When: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 10AM-5PM
    Where: Continental Arms
    9603 Deereco Road
    Timonium, MD 21093
    410-560-3609

About us:
    For those not familiar with Continental Arms, we are a 14 lane, 75 foot, walk in pistol range and instructional facility in Timonium, Maryland. We have a full showroom floor; sell ammo, accessories and cleaning supplies. We welcome new shooters to the facility, but ask that they have prior experience or someone with them over the age of 21 with prior experience. We are a walk in range, and we rent firearms, eye and ear protection, as well as sell ammunition and targets. As always, you can also bring your own firearms and ammunition. Our caliber limits are 22 LR to 500SW Magnum as well as the 30 Carbine. 17HMR/HM2, 5.7x28, 460SW Mag, and rifle calibers (ex: .223, 7.62) are not allowed due to the high velocity. As far as shotguns, we allow shotguns with shoulder stocks only and 00/000 buckshot only. Bird shot and slugs are not allowed. Please do not bring loaded magazines or speed loaders into the building unless you are an officer of the law or a CCW permit holder in which you should inform a range officer immediately. All guns entering the facility need to be cased. Do not bring any gun in our facility that is not in a case. You will need a government issued ID card to shoot; no exceptions will be made.

Prices:
    -Lane rental: $8 a person, $5 each additional person on that lane with a maximum of 3 people
    -Ammo: varies by caliber and changes with market price
    -Targets: varies by size from about 40 to 95 cents each.
    -Ear and Eye protection rental: $1 each
    -Ear foam plugs: 75 cents
    -Pistol Rentals: $5, and you must use our ammo

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    As far on deals on the M&P and 686, there will definately be something and it will be a considerable deal. When we had the HK day IIRC we sold 40 some guns that one day. Needless to say, the boss will make some deals to make purchasing that particular day worthwhile. The old man is still debating with our rep what we are going to do price wise, but when I know something I will chime in.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    hmmm 2 weeks after my birthday..... I think I'll drop by! I'm looking at the 686 and Walther P22 VERY seriously (as in I want them in my collection, it's just a matter of finding the cash) ;) I have also been drooling over pics of the PPS since the SHOT show. Maybe I should not come, I'll leave broke, with 3 sets of paperwork for MSP to rifle through :p

BTW - what's your standard price on the P22?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    lol... possibly the first truly tacticool revolver... unfortunately with Aimpoints and lasers attached the anti's will consider them just as evil as semi's, and likely want to ban them...

:omg:

They want to ban everything, anyway. "Saturday Night Specials", "Large Cap Mags", Evil "Assault Weapons" is just the latest ploy to nickel and dime us out of our rights since proposing an outright ban is too honest for their ilk. F'em.

I just like the idea of a large cap wheel gun. Nothing to go wrong and plenty-o capacity. What's not to like?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I'd buy one if they offered a standard 627 in all black.

I don't want an accessory rail on a revolver. Nor do I want a Aim Point on one.

But a blackened stainless 357 Mag 8 shot revolver would be a great backpacking/survival gun.

Posted by NickZak:

I'm not that important :sad20:

We know that! ;)

They won't let me work the S&W Day at Continental :rolleyes: They say I am to abrasive with some customers. I'm stuck at White Marsh Arms that day :rolleyes:

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    jeepdriver, ur not "abrasive" you are "persuasive". maybe they just want Adodson there so that all the women will drag their husbands in!

(sorry andy)

Martian

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 15, 2007
    PG Co.
    hmmm 2 weeks after my birthday..... I think I'll drop by! I'm looking at the 686 and Walther P22 VERY seriously (as in I want them in my collection, it's just a matter of finding the cash) ;) I have also been drooling over pics of the PPS since the SHOT show. Maybe I should not come, I'll leave broke, with 3 sets of paperwork for MSP to rifle through :p

I adore my P22. What a fun gun! I'd like a scarey black rifle--preferably a carbine or one with a telescoping stock, since my arms are short. Everyone seems to prefer handguns, but I have a thing for rifles--especially on snowy winter days. So very Zen.

adodson

Jun 12, 2007
    Towson, MD
    jeepdriver, ur not "abrasive" you are "persuasive". maybe they just want Adodson there so that all the women will drag their husbands in!

(sorry andy)

I'm not sure if that's an insult or not....

I guess I'm too slow today. That's why they make me carry a blue-gun at work. Luckily, our blue-guns are loaded with snap-caps so I REALLY don't hurt myself. (Yes, we figured out a way to load a blue-gun just for my specialty-need ass). They say if I have one more incident, I'll have to turn in my squirt gun and swimming trunks.

-Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom