• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Not as slick as your setup. But, it works for the volume I am doing.

I love those molds you have!!

Attachments

• 0318201018.jpg
      0318201018.jpg
      83.4 KB · Views: 179

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I am Brickman’s brother. I tapered the all thread at the bottom to almost a point. And the hole in the bottom of the pot I reamed a little out so when the two match up, they sealed. I welded a coupler nut to the side of the pot. Well, I added two small pieces of 1/4” flat steel to it to bump it out so my hole wasn’t so close to the bottom edge of the pot. I had to run a tap through the coupler nut so the piece of all thread would thread all the way through. I added a small piece of pipe to the bottom of the pot to clear the turkey fryer top and welded the piece of angle steel to the pipe.

I subscribed to this thread, I haven't got any notifications though. That is a bad ass design!!! There is a local guy up the road who welds. I may show him these pictures and see if he can come up with something for me.

Only problem with my lead is that it is either range lead or wheel weight. Mostly range lead now, since my wheel weight supply dried up. I don't do nearly the volume you guys do and I have to do quite a bit of skimming.

All in all, it may not be worth it. But, it sure looks like it beats the hell out of a ladle.

I like those ingot molds too!!!! Looks like they would stack nice and even.

Maher1510

Mar 23, 2015
    Frederick
    I subscribed to this thread, I haven't got any notifications though. That is a bad ass design!!! There is a local guy up the road who welds. I may show him these pictures and see if he can come up with something for me.

Only problem with my lead is that it is either range lead or wheel weight. Mostly range lead now, since my wheel weight supply dried up. I don't do nearly the volume you guys do and I have to do quite a bit of skimming.

All in all, it may not be worth it. But, it sure looks like it beats the hell out of a ladle.

I like those ingot molds too!!!! Looks like they would stack nice and even.

Thanks! Love to see the pot if you get around to making one. And they do stack nicely. We sell lead and we usually keep the ingots in 4 gallon buckets with lids and if you stack them, if fills the bucket about 1/2 way. And you’re right, it was a lot nicer and less fatigue then ladling lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom