• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    With that much fish, I've got to agree with you. With a bit of investigative work DNR probably would have been able to determine that as well.

Chances are he didn't write invoices to the taco stands and hole in the wall restaurants in Wheaton who are his customers. White van pulls up, bucket of fish on ice changes hands for cash.

It’s one thing taking a few fish over the creel limit or a couple outside the size limit but it's another completely when you have 228 illegal fish in your possession.
    Fine the guy who poaches to eat, jail the guy who poaches for commercial gain and remove his means to continue otherwise he’ll be out poaching again.

Agree.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Chances are he didn't write invoices to the taco stands and hole in the wall restaurants in Wheaton who are his customers. White van pulls up, bucket of fish on ice changes hands for cash.

Agree.

Agreed. Or sushi restaurant. I have mentioned a story like this before. Sushi out of the trunk of a Ford Tempo. Ewww!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I don't care where he's from and I don't fish.

However, that it jacked up that he got away with what seems to me to be a very light fine.

Not a fan of taking a guy's car, truck, boat, rifle, etc when they are caught breaking the law since it is often extreme. Don't know of many other crimes where they take a $30,000 truck from a guy for a crime which isn't a felony.

An illegal deer doesn't equal a $500 rifle and a $30k truck in my mind.

Don't know what a boat is worth but not sure fish are worth $40k.
    yet they have taken rifles etc...before in other states..
    I'm just curious what did they do to the 228 pounds of fish? Does DNR have their own super market?

typically they donate the seized meat to feed the hungry type programs...at least from what Ive read about deer...I assume they would do the same for fish.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Why can't these guys just catch Spanish mackerel?

Continued enforcement at Fishing Creek Bridge in Dorchester County and the Bill Burton Fishing Pier State Park in Talbot County this week resulted in 24 people receiving citations and 213 striped bass being seized.
    On Sunday just after midnight, officers seized 83 striped bass from a vehicle leaving Fishing Creek Bridge and charged four men.

Julio Mauricio Baquedano Moran, 22, of Greensboro, North Carolina; Luis Galeano Baquedano, 18, of Silver Spring; Samuel Nolasco Pacheco, 33, of Lanham; and Javier Reyes, 33, of Mount Ranier, were each charged with possessing undersized striped bass, possessing striped bass in a prohibited area, a possessing fish over the limit and possessing striped bass outside the legal time. Each charge carries a maximum fine of $1,500.
    At about the same time, another vehicle was stopped leaving the bridge with 12 striped bass inside and the three occupants were charged with three fishing violations each: Ivan Alexis Interiano Gladamez, 21, of Germantown and Natividad Interiano Gladamez, 44 and Hermilo Sanchez Bentra, 24, both of Gaithersburg.

On Monday at about 3:30 a.m., officers stopped a vehicle leaving the bridge and found numerous fish in a cooler. The driver was instructed to pull off at a safer area so that citations could be written. As the vehicle drove to the area, someone began throwing fish from the passenger-side window.

Manuel Barahona Cruz, 33, of Temple Hill and Angie Campos Avila, 31, of Alexandria, Virginia, were each charged with possessing undersized striped bass, possessing striped bass in a prohibited area, a possessing fish over the limit. Cruz also was charged with possessing striped bass outside the legal hours.

Twenty-three striped bass were seized from a second vehicle containing Moises DeJesus Majano Canales, 36 and Maria Yohana Barahona Cruz, 34, both of Oxon Hill. Canales received four citations for illegal fishing and Cruz received three.
    About the same time, officers charged five men and seized 62 striped bass as they left the bridge. Daniel Escobar Alvarado, 33, Ana Cuellar Jimenez, 42, Genesis Ivania Cuellar, 22 and Jose Roberto Medrano, 20 and John Bradak Medrano Canales, 27, of Temple Hill, each received four citations.

On Saturday night just before midnight, officers stopped a vehicle with five Silver Spring passengers and found 26 striped bass inside. Hector Samuel Martenez Carpio, 37, Esvin Leonel Najera Bueco, 22, Edinson Leonel Bueco Luch, 22, Ferdy Misael Bueco Luch, 24 and Raul Antonio Bueco Berganza, 28, each received three citations for illegal fishing.

All 21 defendants are scheduled to appear in Dorchester County District Court July 19. The maximum fine for each charge is $1,500.

Also late Sunday night, officers charged two men for fishing on suspended recreational licenses. Lenin Gonzalez Fuentes, 35 and Edgar Fuentes DeMata, both of Washington, D.C., must appear in Dorchester County District Court June 28. The maximum fine is $1,000.

At the Bill Burton Fishing Pier State Park at 2 a.m. Saturday, officers issued citations to Fernando Geov Vasquez Bautista, 38, of Hyattsville, for having six undersized striped bass, catching striped bass in a designated spawning river and possessing striped bass outside legal hours.

Bautista must appear in Talbot County District Court June 19. The maximum fine for each violation is $1,500.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Why don't these people become prohibited fishing persons?

Couldn't all this striped bass community violence have been prevented in the first place if people were required to obtain a BQL with a background check, fingerprinting, six hours of training, and live bait casting requirement?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    "Began throwing fish from the window", that is hilarious. It is a virtual certainty that every single one of these arrestees is an illegal immigrant. It's interesting how the left will tell you that these people obey our laws once they're in our country after having broken the law to get here. Clearly they don't care.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Illegal or not there is obviously a cultural problem where they do not care about the laws or catch limits, when it comes to fishing. I always assumed they were fishing without a license but never thought they were keeping in those numbers. DNR in more areas needs to make a concerted effort to crack down on this. I agree, I get checked while crabbing atleast 1-2 times a year, no reason they shouldn't be checking the guys fishing from the shore as well. Especially if there is such an issue with keep over the limit and small fish.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    But...but...but... they're just trying to feed their families...

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    "Began throwing fish from the window", that is hilarious. It is a virtual certainty that every single one of these arrestees is an illegal immigrant. It's interesting how the left will tell you that these people obey our laws once they're in our country after having broken the law to get here. Clearly they don't care.

I just knew somebody was going to make that comment. Not really surprised it was you. Out of 24 people arrested, they are ALL illegal immigrants even though the article mentions nothing about them being illegal immigrants.

Reminds me of the thread where somebody mentioned that they went to a pier to fish and it was full of illegals.

What was done by them was pretty bad, but in the grand scheme of things, poaching and taking fish illegally is nothing compared to physical violence against a human being. I've said my thing about this before. These guys will get into more trouble over striped bass than if they punched somebody in the face at a bar even though the DNR violations do not carry any jail time but 2nd degree assault does.

Lastly, most illegals do not go out and commit illegal acts because they are worried about being deported. Now, somebody that is poor, starving, etc. might do so. Maybe these immigrants have yet to figure out how to get on the social welfare bandwagon with food stamps, etc. or maybe they have, they sold that food for money to pay the rent and they had to go poach fish to feed their kids.

Guaronteeeeed, all 24 of them are surely illegal immigrants that came all the way to America to take all of our striped bass back to South America.

Guess there is no blue moon in today's forecast either.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I agree. I buy $$$ worth of licenses, stamps, etc. every season and I'll sit in my boat and look at my watch until the exact minute it's time to wet a line. These guys fish with impunity just like the way they live the rest of their lives.

I doubt DNR has much night shift staffing to catch them though, and they know it.

DNR usually relies on tips. I am willing to bet that somebody called these people in and then DNR set up stings. That is usually how it goes. DNR will monitor certain hot spots, but they respond to a lot of citizen calls.

As far as the DNR violations are concerned, I care, but I don't really care that much. If that is the worst thing somebody has done in their lives, it is fine by me. I've hunted and fished with plenty of "white", born in America, guaranteed to be legal citizens, and they have broken plenty of DNR laws themselves. Back in the 90's, one guy had 100+ trophy rockfish on his boat and his name wasn't even remotely Hispanic. I have also represented a good amount of white, born in America, US citizens on DNR violations.

What might have happened in this case is that word got around the Hispanic community regarding a fishing hot spot and a bunch of people took advantage of it. Some probably knew they were breaking the law, others might not have. Now, I don't think I saw many people charged with fishing without a license. Saw a couple charges for fishing on a suspended license, which might be even worse than fishing without a license because there is usually a reason they have been suspended. I have seen white people lose their hunting privileges for 5 years because of DNR violations.

Pretty sure I can scan the DNR news and find article after article of John Doe, Henry Smith, and Javier Diaz breaking the law.

I will leave this with the DNR code is thick. Thicker than the Corporations and Associations code book last I checked.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I just knew somebody was going to make that comment. Not really surprised it was you. Out of 24 people arrested, they are ALL illegal immigrants even though the article mentions nothing about them being illegal immigrants.

Reminds me of the thread where somebody mentioned that they went to a pier to fish and it was full of illegals.

What was done by them was pretty bad, but in the grand scheme of things, poaching and taking fish illegally is nothing compared to physical violence against a human being. I've said my thing about this before. These guys will get into more trouble over striped bass than if they punched somebody in the face at a bar even though the DNR violations do not carry any jail time but 2nd degree assault does.

Lastly, most illegals do not go out and commit illegal acts because they are worried about being deported. Now, somebody that is poor, starving, etc. might do so. Maybe these immigrants have yet to figure out how to get on the social welfare bandwagon with food stamps, etc. or maybe they have, they sold that food for money to pay the rent and they had to go poach fish to feed their kids.

Guaronteeeeed, all 24 of them are surely illegal immigrants that came all the way to America to take all of our striped bass back to South America.

Guess there is no blue moon in today's forecast either.
    Take your libtard non-sense somewhere else.
    46bd9ee471fed0585ef035e621ede975.jpg

BTW, glad to know you can speak for the illegal population. This right here is laughable and of course you stated it as fact. "Lastly, most illegals do not go out and commit illegal acts because they are worried about being deported."

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    all of it is total BS. Whether it's deer or fish the same thing, little slaps on the wrist by either DNR or the Judges.

not trying to be offensive or anything but seems to be a cultural theme in many of these cases. I've seen both Hispanics and Asians keep EVERY fish they catch on Black hills and the Hispanics continually just walk away from all their trash on the bank. We won't even get into the theory as to why we have snakeheads living all over the place now.

Not illegal but the Asian lady with the Mercedes SUV at Chesapeake Beach cracks me up, she will barely let you finish cleaning your catch before she is grabbing the carcass from you or out of the trash and throws it in a nasty can in the back of the SUV.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I bet if your favorite goose field was picked clean by illegals it would matter more than some guys fishing in an area that is of no concern to you.

"Some probably knew they were breaking the law, others might not have. "
    Does this apply to everything or just fishing?

I see you have the same prejudice as others. There is ZERO proof that any of the people mentioned are "illegals". Poachers, yes. Illegals, no.

It matters to me as far as the striped bass are concerned and as far as the geese are concerned. However, the geese are migratory. I am sure a native like you understands that. A good amount of the bands I have killed have been from Canada and New York. So, unless there are "illegals" poaching in Canada, so be it. Of course, there could be poachers all along the Atlantic flyway that affect the goose population, "illegal" and "legal".

Of course, the moratorium that was placed on Canada geese back in the 90's was because of the white man mismanaging the population, a lot of which was for money. Of course, game regulations were the result of the white man nearly exterminating the American Bison and decimating waterfowl populations with canons, baiting, traps, etc. over a century ago when the current illegal immigrant issue wasn't an issue.

Yeah, I think there is a lot of blame to go around all ethnic backgrounds. However, you and Boundless like to point to "illegals" when there is no shred of evidence that a single one of the named defendants was in this country illegally. If my name was added to that list, you would be lumping me in with the so called illegals too just based upon my name. The nice thing is that the two of you wear your prejudice on your sleeve.

Just so there is no mistake, I fish too, and I understand that every little striped bass taken illegally gives me less chance of catching one that grows up to be like the ones in the picture. I also understand that back in the late 80's and early 90's, there was a moratorium on striped bass fishing. Must have been because of all the illegals back then taking way too many, and not the greedy commercial fishermen taking too many:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/five...ead-guilty-illegally-overfishing-striped-bass

Thomas L. Crowder Jr. of Leonardtown, Md.; John W. Dean of Scotland, Md.; Charles Quade of Churchtown, Md.; Thomas L. Hallock of Catharpin, Va.; and Keith A. Collins of Deale, Md., are all commercial fisherman operating in or near St. Mary’s County, Md

Crowder, Dean, Quade, Hallock and Collins sold their illegal catch knowing that the fish would be sold to retail and wholesellers in other states. According to their plea agreements, the estimated fair market value of the fish involved in the illegal transactions for Crowder is $956,285; for Collins is between $600,000 and $750,000; for Hallock is $342,210; for Quade is $151,507; and for Dean is $100,267.

Those guys sound like illegals too, illegal poachers that is and if the investigation spanned 4 years and resulted in fines that large, you know they were illegally taking more than a couple fish here and there, not to mention the person working at the weigh in station was probably receiving a hefty amount in bribes/kickbacks.

I am pretty sure I can find plenty more cases of the greedy white man depleting our natural resources; waterfowl, fish, deer, or whatever. The so called illegals might be doing it on a small scale to feed their family, the commercial guys.......

So, how about we give it a rest on the "illegals" garbage and just deal with the poachers of every race, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religious background, etc without putting a label on somebody based upon their name.

Do I care about DNR violations? Sure. I just don't think it is the end of the world and I am also not naive enough to think that "illegals" are the only perpetrators of DNR crimes. I've been in DNR court enough to realize that there are plenty of "rednecks", "stuck ups", "blacks", "yellows", etc. that also commit the crimes. I am also not naive enough to label an entire group of 24 people with Hispanic sounding names as "illegals". Toss Mopar and my name in that list and you would label us as illegals too. Pretty sure there are other people on this board with Hispanic sounding names such that if their name was listed on such a list, you would label them as "illegals".

Attachments

• MdShooters34.JPG
      MdShooters34.JPG
      31.8 KB · Views: 129
    • MdShooters35.JPG
      MdShooters35.JPG
      12.5 KB · Views: 129
    • MdShooters36.jpg
      MdShooters36.jpg
      55.6 KB · Views: 129
    • MdShooters125.jpg
      MdShooters125.jpg