Slimline Glock Trigger Mods (42,43,43x,48)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    There are a few good videos on YouTube about filing them. I took the trigger shoe off of a Johnny Glock Evolution Competition trigger assy I had in my G34 and put it into a G42. No more trigger bite and the trigger works flawlessly. It still has about a six pound pull.
    Johnny Glock does have some good, instructive videos on Glocks and I have learned a lot. He also sells a stock Glock shoe that is modified for about $25 that would get rid of the bite as well as smoother performance
    I got his stock trigger shoe and for me, it was just as bad as the stock trigger.

A couple forums I cruised through while searching for a solution had folks talking up his combat trigger and Evo(?) Trigger shoe. I wasn't looking to spend that kinda money on this and really just wanted to find a new shoe that didn't suck.

I've got a few more mags downrange with the Apex and I'm slowly changing my opinion on it. At first I wasn't happy with it but I may not have given it a fair evaluation cause I was just generally pissed at everything that day.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    There are a few good videos on YouTube about filing them. I took the trigger shoe off of a Johnny Glock Evolution Competition trigger assy I had in my G34 and put it into a G42. No more trigger bite and the trigger works flawlessly. It still has about a six pound pull.
    Johnny Glock does have some good, instructive videos on Glocks and I have learned a lot. He also sells a stock Glock shoe that is modified for about $25 that would get rid of the bite as well as smoother performance
    I found this video from Johnny Glock that explained all my questions about the removal of the shoe. With this video it looks like an easy task.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    For those that swapped the G43x factory trigger with the Apex upgrade: is it worth getting the kit with the bar or just the trigger? I ask this only because the kit with the bar is sold out everywhere.
    I tried installing an Apex shoe on my trigger bar and it was a pita for me. I’ve been using Overwatch Precision and very pleased with them. They’re in stock for the 43X with trigger bar attatched.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I tried installing an Apex shoe on my trigger bar and it was a pita for me. I’ve been using Overwatch Precision and very pleased with them. They’re in stock for the 43X with trigger bar attatched.

The Apex shoe arrived today and install went in fairly easily. Took about 15 minutes even with a dumb*** mistake I made removing the OEM trigger. (knocked out the safety blade pin instead of the shoe pin)

The trigger is 1000x better now.

I might be in the market for a G19 in the near future and I'll check out the Overwatch. The price looks very attractive especially for the reviews it has.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    The Apex shoe arrived today and install went in fairly easily. Took about 15 minutes even with a dumb*** mistake I made removing the OEM trigger. (knocked out the safety blade pin instead of the shoe pin)

The trigger is 1000x better now.

I might be in the market for a G19 in the near future and I'll check out the Overwatch. The price looks very attractive especially for the reviews it has.
    Your 2nd install will probably on take 3-5 minutes. Gen 5 is a little different tho.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

20231123_094437.jpg

Yeahhhh... the polydat trigger and np3 bar feels waaaay better than the sharp stock trigger. I also tossed in the overwatch - np3 connector, polished the striker safety plunger, polished the striker lug, and clipped a link off the striker plunger spring. I may switch up to the dot np3 connector instead of the -. It's smooth and light, but the - connector added a little creep to the break. I think the dot connector should give a slightly heavier, but crisper and still smooth break.

The flat trigger shoe itself completely gets rid of the unpleasant pinching from the stock trigger that gave my trigger finger a callous.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm sure it's too late for this thread, which I don't know why I didn't post here, but...

Actually still in stock, for those still in the need.

pcmeiners

Feb 25, 2024
    PA
    My Glock 43x's trigger came in gritty and was >6.5 lbs, too much pre and over travel. Tried the Apex trigger enhancement kit (and connector), improved the over-travel, but not the pre-travel. Not satisfied, I purchased the Lone Wolf adjustable trigger. Without adjusting, the pre and over travel were greatly reduced, I only needed to do a minor adjustments ; the adjustment to the Lone Wolf took an hour, as each adjustment to the pre or over travel required the gun to be taken apart. Adjusting without taking it apart was too restrictive, actually would have taken longer. Along the way I tried connectors from Apex and Ghost, an oem dot and plus connector.
    Satisfied with the Lone wolf I proceeded to do a thorough polishing. I removed the stamped cut roughness from all metal to metal contacting surfaces with different grits of wet/dry, ever so slightly beveled metal parts which contacted plastic, insured all squareness and angles were maintained. Polished all surfaces with multiple grits of polishing compound with a Foredom flex shaft tool and hard felt pads.
    After polishing and trying different connectors, I ended up staying with the oem minus connector which came with the gun, pull weight reduced to 4.8lbs, which was primarily due to polishing. With the Apex and Ghost connectors, I considered the pull weight too light for an EDC. Pull is very smooth, and with the pre and over travel greatly reduced, produced a pleasant trigger to deal with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom