• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I bought a Yugo SKS 59/66 a few months ago and have been meaning to pick up some stripper clips. Is one brand/type better than another?
    Thanks for your help.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Obviously military beats commercial. If you ask around, I'm sure someone will give you a few for free. Until recently, Yugo cases of 1280 rounds on clips were plentiful.

I bought a box of NC Star ones (at Chantilly gun show, 20 for $10) that were marked 31 in a circle, which are Chinese military. They work just fine in my Norinco SKS. Other NC Star ones, like the unmarked and the Made in China marked ones are reportedly terrible. The only complaint I have against these circle 31 ones is that they don't do a good job of holding in all ten rounds when I remove them from a pouch (Chinese chest rig). Apparently Yugo and other Chinese clips do a better job. I just put some string on each clip so it can only feed from one side.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    i have a bunch of gray parkerized ones i got....somewhere. they work splendidly. although i typically am too lazy to put my rounds on the clips, then load into the rifle...i usually just go from the box to the rifle.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Obviously military beats commercial. If you ask around, I'm sure someone will give you a few for free. Until recently, Yugo cases of 1280 rounds on clips were plentiful.

I bought a box of NC Star ones (at Chantilly gun show, 20 for $10) that were marked 31 in a circle, which are Chinese military. They work just fine in my Norinco SKS. Other NC Star ones, like the unmarked and the Made in China marked ones are reportedly terrible. The only complaint I have against these circle 31 ones is that they don't do a good job of holding in all ten rounds when I remove them from a pouch (Chinese chest rig). Apparently Yugo and other Chinese clips do a better job. I just put some string on each clip so it can only feed from one side.

Yeah, I thought I had ordered a case with clips with the SKS from Wideners, but actually ordered just surplus rounds.

i have a bunch of gray parkerized ones i got....somewhere. they work splendidly. although i typically am too lazy to put my rounds on the clips, then load into the rifle...i usually just go from the box to the rifle.
    Bought some Mosin stripper clips off Amazon that came with a rubber buttplate. Used the rubber buttplate, but got tired of fussing with the cheapo stripper clips. Someone mentioned fire treating them, but I havn't been that motivated to do it. That's the reason I posted this, to avoid buying crap strippers that will never get used. I did some research and depending on the country of manufacture, some clips work and some don't.

peckman28

Aug 27, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My Yugo doesn't like half of the Chinese stripper clips I got for it. The ones that work are nice and drama-free, but the other half are just a little too wide to fit into the slit in the front of the bolt, and so they're useless to me. If you can find some that are actually from Yugoslavia that might be best, at least based on my experience. Then again, the Chinese ones are cheap enough that going through the trial and error may be worth it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom