• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alexp08

May 16, 2013
    Are the prices of SKS's going to go through the roof now? the whole executive order thing and all? Ive been wanting to get one, and now i fear its to late..

Alexp08

May 16, 2013
    well detachable mags are illegal in MD as of oct 1st. but im very confused. the article i just read said the Pres has made a EO to stop all surplus/ military guns from entering the US. Which i assumed meant, no more SKS's no more Nagant's etc..entering the US.

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    The EO applies to US made surplus being reimported by non-government entity.

I think he's targeting the guys bringing in Garands from south Korea. Just trying to move the ball forward since half of his first 23 gun control EOs backfired.

Alexp08

May 16, 2013
    The EO applies to US made surplus being reimported by non-government entity.

I think he's targeting the guys bringing in Garands from south Korea. Just trying to move the ball forward since half of his first 23 gun control EOs backfired.

So SKS's are safe and such?

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    You can still find them at reasonable prices, but you have to look. There was a lot of gouging going on post-Sandyhook, but things have started to return to normal. I just picked up a detachable mag one... didn't really need it, but the told me I couldn't have it anymore, so therefore I must possess it. Will be my next to last pre-Oct pickup.

Tick-tock... tick-tock. MO'M is a (word that rhymes with tock).

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Can someone explain to me two things? Wtf was the point of the EO and is there a time limit on it or..?

The point of the EO is to keep as many firearms out of the hands of law-abiding Americans as he can.

The time limit on the EO is until rescinded by some future president.

Feb 28, 2013
    The point of the EO is to keep as many firearms out of the hands of law-abiding Americans as he can.

Or, if he can turn public opinion against something as bland looking as the M1 Garand, it will make it easier in the future to pass another ban on really scary looking rifles.

The time limit on the EO is until rescinded by some future president.
    I take it George H.W. Bush's handiwork is still in effect?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Or, if he can turn public opinion against something as bland looking as the M1 Garand, it will make it easier in the future to pass another ban on really scary looking rifles.

I take it George H.W. Bush's handiwork is still in effect?

Yes. Many presidents' handyworks are still in effect. Presidents may at their leisure add, modify, or rescind executive orders. An EO is nothing more than instruction to the executive branch on how to implement/enforce/administer laws passed by congress, and/or how to organize/coordinate policy therein. Since the executive branch of government has grown tremendously, a president may wield considerable power through the use of EOs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom