• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m0bas

Feb 26, 2012
    From Classic with $20 handpicked for overall condition. Thoughts?

sks1.jpg sks2.jpg

sks3.jpg sks4.jpg

sks5.jpg sks6.jpg

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    There are folks who would think that the inscription was of significant interest. I admit the rest of the stock is sorta rough.

If the internals are good, I'd consider taking it off your hands.

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013
    What is the serial number? Is it 4, 5 or 6 digits? Does it have a one letter prefix? Is there an Arsenal 26 stamp? Over at www.sksboards.com they are tracking the IO Import batch of SKSs. I would recommend folks go over and add the details for their recent IO Import SKS rifles (from Classic Firearms or Royal Tiger Imports). They are trying to establish the relative populations of the Sino-Soviets, Chinese "ghost," and Russian "sneak" rifles in this last IO batch.

That is obviously from Albania! Cannot get any clearer than that with an Albanian city named carved into your rifle. Some people love the trench art and others hate it. Personally, I think it is just part of the history of the rifle. I would be more worried about rust and pitting. It is hard to tell if some of the discoloration on the rifle is old cosmoline layers or actual rust.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    That's probably the the most interesting and best trench art that I have seen on this batch of SKS's. Many collectors would thrilled to get this one. I would be. However, If you don't want artwork on the stock, this one sure would be a bust.

Trade it off for a cleaner one if you don't like it. Plenty of Sino-Albanians around at the moment. But, you will never see one like this again.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I'll tell you what. If you arent happy with it then I will buy it off you. Serious offer. PM me if you do.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Some like that sort of thing. It does have a cool factor, but sure not a looker. If you are not happy with it, just sell it for the same to another member here who would be happy to own.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    My only comment is I AM SO GLAD I BOUGHT ONE AT A GUN SHOW IN 1993 OR SO FOR $110 THAT WAS IN PERFECT CONDITION! (Of course, now I wish I had bought 5 or 6 of them...)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    My only comment is I AM SO GLAD I BOUGHT ONE AT A GUN SHOW IN 1993 OR SO FOR $110 THAT WAS IN PERFECT CONDITION! (Of course, now I wish I had bought 5 or 6 of them...)

Unless it's a Russian with laminate stock and came with ammo, that price was butt rape back then.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Unless it's a Russian with laminate stock and came with ammo, that price was butt rape back then.

Maybe so, or maybe I'm a little off on the exact year or price, but either way, I sure do wish I had bought a half dozen of them! And it did come with ammo and stripper clips, as I recall, though I can't remember how much.

MedInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 24, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Definitely has a story to it. I suppose it depends on your purpose - historical or a shooter? The tales of this rifle would be interesting to say the least. You'd probably never see two like this in your lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom