Six shot magazine bow legal for MD hunting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Sitting here with my olives, wondering if the following bow legal for MD hunting.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Sitting here with my olives, wondering if the following bow legal for MD hunting.

The 55lb draw doesn't meet the 75 minimum required for a crossbow. Also, not clear if it has a safety (also required for a crossbow). Also, I'd be wary of anything advertising accuracy "up to" 80 feet. That would limit range considerably compared to many crossbows on the market. Seems gimmicky for hunting use. I handled something similar at the Nation's show and it was junk.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    That reminds me of one of those pistol crossbows (with a buttstock) that shoot the 6-8 inch darts.

MANTIS-TACTICAL-1-Thumbnail-scaled.jpg

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    The 55lb draw doesn't meet the 75 minimum required for a crossbow. Also, not clear if it has a safety (also required for a crossbow). Also, I'd be wary of anything advertising accuracy "up to" 80 feet. That would limit range considerably compared to many crossbows on the market. Seems gimmicky for hunting use. I handled something similar at the Nation's show and it was junk.
    They also have a 90 pound option

Dang, the Nation’s show, bless u.. Would love to go

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    They also have a 90 pound option

Dang, the Nation’s show, bless u.. Would love to go
    The cheap ones shoot little darts. If you get a cheap crossbow, buy a lot of darts with it. They get lost really quickly.

For hunting keep in mind the crossbow needs to shoot broadheads.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Might be fun for smaller varmints with Judo heads and cheap arrows.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The cheap ones shoot little darts. If you get a cheap crossbow, buy a lot of darts with it. They get lost really quickly.

For hunting keep in mind the crossbow needs to shoot broadheads.
    Looking at the design, I highly doubt that thing could take, or at least run reliably, arrows with broadheads of mechanicals. Probably practice points only.

Even 90lbs for a crossbow is awfully light. You can’t compare directly to a bow. Bows have much longer strokes. A 90lbs for a crossbow is closer to a 40lb bow.

One advantage of a crossbow is a significantly higher draw weight, velocity, and energy. If you want fast shooting, get a bow and practice rapid shooting. This thing is the worst of both worlds :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom