• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    With all the chaos going on in the world my wife has shown an interest in situational awareness training. Is there anything out there near Carrol County?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    With all the chaos going on in the world my wife has shown an interest in situational awareness training. Is there anything out there near Carrol County?

What exactly are you looking for?

Has she been introduced to firearms? If not a NRA class will set some basic ground work.

Other then that it's basically just being alert and knowing what's around you. Maybe sign up for a few video game training course or SIM classes if interested?

Self defense, martial arts, MMA classes if so inclined are also good.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I tried to get a Refuse to be a Victim class going at my church (south of westminster), but didn't get enough interest. I'll try again next spring.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    look for 'the best defense' reruns, actually a pretty good show that covers a lot of scenarios and how to react (or prevent).

it's kinda like riding a motorcycle, just assume everyone is out to get you and be proactive such that they don't.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    a while back i was trying to find an address at nite and drove around the set of buildings a few times looking for it. i parked near a cop that was sitting in his car. as i walked to his car to ask for directions, he jumped out of the car and came towards me. presumably not wanting to be stuck in his car if i was up to no good. that was situational awareness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom