• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    There is still plenty of time for shenanigans, so I wanted to start a thread as a placeholder for Monday's potential activities in the Maryland General Assembly. Monday morning yields the following:

• Senate
      • Legislative Day 4/2 starts at 0930.
      • They have 9 legislative days to play with; which means they can adjourn and restart 8 times before midnight.
      • Classic rules require a bill to be heard three times, on separate legislative days, as part of the normal process. Senate Rules permit a vote to "suspend the reading rules" which allows them to hear bills twice on the same legislative day, if needed.
    • House
      • Legislative Day 4/2 starts at 1030.
      • They have 9 legislative days to play with; which means they can adjourn and restart 8 times before midnight.
      • Classic rules require a bill to be heard three times, on separate legislative days, as part of the normal process. House Rules permit a vote to "suspend the reading rules" which allows them to hear bills twice on the same legislative day, if needed.

Key takeaway - there is plenty of time in the day to play all kinds of games. We need to stay active on the phones and watching social media/MDS. From MSRPA's perspective, I will post here as often as I have information to relay, as well as posting on the MSRPA Facebook page.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Make these last two days COUNT

Set the streets of NapTown on FIRE !!!

SINE DIE !!!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    People try to make reasonable rules that have a purpose and make sense. The swamp dwellers create loopholes and work around to thwart the intent of the people. "What a difference a day makes, twenty four little hours....."

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Thank you MJD!

The Patriot Picket will start at 9am sharp tomorrow (Monday) morning at Lawyer's Mall to catch the first wave of legislators crossing the street.

We will have a stack of signs for you to hold, but will prioritize the messages aimed at the idiotic Campus Carry Ban, while promoting Self Defense as our right as Marylanders.

To comment on the Patriot Picket efforts, go to our Man Up Mondays thread here:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=205454&highlight=Man+Monday

We will Picket for 60-90 minutes at Lawyer's Mall then get back at it after lunch at 1pm. We will maintain a Patriot Picket all afternoon, then go eat dinner as a group at 6pm at City Dock Mission BBQ. You are welcome to make your Patriot stand for whatever time you can, even if it's just 20 minutes. It all counts!

At 7pm we will take up our position for a final time at Lawyer's Mall for 60-90 minutes. After that, those interested in glaring at The Infringers from the House or Senate Gallery can find a seat with me and other PP brothers. Join us!

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I suppose it would be illegal to throw caltrops in front of the dems as they head for the door to go in.

Yes I am joking, I would never suggest impeding our duly elected official's from performing their swore duty.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Sounds like the Trust Act has been rejiggered (through modifying another bill) to allow additional debate, starting with language about preventing LE from inquiry into someone's immigration status (which doesn't happen anyway).

With 9 legislative days to play with, it seems to bear watching.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    HB 159 and SB 946

The Senate just now refused to concur in the House amendments to SB 946 (Campus Carry). The House previously refused to concur in the Senate amendments to HB 159.

Conference Committee Appointed
    Senators Smith, Brochin, and Norman

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    not if they agree to the bad provisions

That's right, but the bills are far apart. Senator Smith is the sponsor of the SB 946, which is less severe (by far). Senator Norman is a friend. Hard to see them caving to the House Bill. Senator Brochin is an unknown. This will be interesting.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    That's right, but the bills are far apart. Senator Smith is the sponsor of the SB 946, which is less severe (by far). Senator Norman is a friend. Hard to see them caving to the House Bill. Senator Brochin is an unknown. This will be interesting.

If Jim Brochin is on a conference committee, you can be assured his weasely ass will pander out of both sides of his mouth, and then most of the time try to screw us. He was a missed target in 2014.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Folks - with the conference committees appointed on the Campus bills, we need calls to Senators and Delegates expressing your polite but firm opinions on these bills. Since I am only authorized to speak for MSRPA, I will simply state that MSRPA strongly opposes these bills.

Again, if you need to know how to contact your Delegates or Senators, please enter your home address on http://mdelect.net.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    MSRPA would also like to request that folks call your Senators to SUPPORT House Bill 1036 if it comes to the Senate Floor for 2nd/3rd Reader. This bill passed the House Judiciary committee on a unanimous vote, and passed the House on a 97-41 vote and just needs to clear the Senate.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Folks - with the conference committees appointed on the Campus bills, we need calls to Senators and Delegates expressing your polite but firm opinions on these bills. Since I am only authorized to speak for MSRPA, I will simply state that MSRPA strongly opposes these bills.

Again, if you need to know how to contact your Delegates or Senators, please enter your home address on http://mdelect.net.

I can speak for MSI that MSI *also* strongly opposes these bills. Call your reps!!

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    MSRPA would also like to request that folks call your Senators to SUPPORT House Bill 1036 if it comes to the Senate Floor for 2nd/3rd Reader. This bill passed the House Judiciary committee on a unanimous vote, and passed the House on a 97-41 vote and just needs to clear the Senate.

Ditto for MSI.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Brochin is a slimy little red headed snake.

He's the one who sat there asking all the right/concern questions and feigning disgust over some of these bills. Long Gun Transfer in particular.

He knows many of his BACO constituents are gun owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom