• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Starting July 1, you can now use a pistol caliber carbine to shoot USPSA pistol events.

I picked up a Stag Arms 9L for just this reason, and so far, I'm pretty happy with it (picked it up Saturday and put 700 rounds through it.) The mags are really well-made, and only $20 (compared to Colt's, which are identical, but $50.) They offer a "Maryland-legal" heavy-barrel version, as well.

I added the stock, grip, trigger guard, sights, ambi charging handle, ambi mag release, and Giessele SSA-E trigger. I've also ordered a Lantac Dragon Zero Recoil Muzzle Break for it. (Even after shooting it for two days, quick doubles [<0.4s] are still tough; I'm hoping the break helps.)

20160716_142711_zpsia1a0ta3.jpg

Additional info: A 3-Gun-style, short reset trigger won't work (hammer won't reset), and a mag loader is a must (without it, you'll be done after loading one mag.) I tried both a Geissele 3G trigger, as well as a Wilson Combat 3G trigger; neither would work. The Gelssele SSA-E trigger works great.

ETA: oh, and the barrel threading is 1/2x36 (the standard for 9mm ARs), so if you have a 9mm suppressor, it probably won't fit it. You'll need an adapter (the suppressor store sells them.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom