Since DC dropped reason to carry, will Maryland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Panther

Jan 22, 2017
    Lanham
    The only thing that will cause Maryland to drop the "Good and Substantial" clause is by way of court action. Plain and simple. Regarding Gov. Hogan being re-elected, I think he has a good chance at it. His approval rating is high across the state and the Dem's have yet to come up with a good candidate. I think his chances of winning re-election is greater than his chances of winning the first time. I hope that I'm not disappointed...

I agree with you about the only way “Good and Substantial” clause will be dropped. I don’t see it happening any other way honestly. Regarding Hogan’s re-election, I too think he has a good chance of a second term. However, if the GA stays the same, I don’t foresee any real change on any front that benefits us as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I'm simply not buying that older people and poor people cannot get a voter ID card. Thinking this way is intellectually dishonest.

Right now however I'd like to see district lines that actually make sense.

It's just BS. These people see docs, right? I'm asked to show my ID at my doc's all the time. Even my 13-year-old kid has a state-issued ID for athletics.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I agree with you about the only way “Good and Substantial” clause will be dropped. I don’t see it happening any other way honestly. Regarding Hogan’s re-election, I too think he has a good chance of a second term. However, if the GA stays the same, I don’t foresee any real change on any front that benefits us as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good and substantial isn't the problem, it's what comes after it "such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger."

All they have to do is change that to "self sefense"

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Good and substantial isn't the problem, it's what comes after it "such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger."

All they have to do is change that to "self sefense"

AMEN!

But probably not in my lifetime, sad to say.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I am not a Hillary fan, but she has gotten demonized (mostly unfairly, a little bit if it fair) for decades. So of course she lost nationally with the electoral college.

Face it, most people don’t like Trump. Liberals especially, and most independents to. Especially now. You can try to call opinion polls false, but his approval rating is hovering around 35% nationally right now. Which probably means about 20% in MD.

I know a lot of republicans who refused to vote for him.

Voter fraud has consistently been shown to amount to dozens of votes nationally in election after election. There are not hundreds of thousands or millions. Dozens. Maybe lump in a few thousand mistakes (often in the systems used) nationally on top of that. So all of the voter crack down with voter ID laws, etc. is either from irrational fears or intentionally trying to make it harder for poor/elderly to vote.

1) Hillary plus the green candidate got less of the popular vote than Trump plus the libertarian. Fact is that studies have shown that if your remove the libertarian those voted virtually all go to the GOP, just as if you remove green those mostly go to Democrats. conservatives won the popular and electoral college. Hillary outspent and had the entire pres corps with her and lost spectacularly. Hillary was not demonized, she was the ultimate unqualified candidate who felt entitled for no reason other than her name and warming the bench for a long time.

2) On popularity, most people don't like whomever is in charge. Macron in France and May in the Uk have way lower approvals than Trump. Merkel is the same as Trump. Are they somehow illegitimate??
    Theresa May's approval ratings are 27.5%. Macrons are 28.5% and even Merkel is majority disapproval, with her approvals only at 40%.

more to the point, the press BS on trump is clearly illustrated by the coverage of the above: How often do you read in the Post, NYtimes, or hear on CNN that President Trump has a higher approval rating than the majority of major developed democracy heads of government?

The fact is the elections and only the election decide -- and for good reason. otherwise you end up with someone like Obama or bill Clint who spent their entire time in office calculating their decisions on approval ratings, never taking any difficult decisions, as a executive must.

That is why the large majority of people who work for a living, who contribute to the common good, voted for Trump

3) The press and opinion leaders in DC and places dependent on Dc like Maryland hate trump simply because they did not make him. He does not put the opinion and interests of the ruling class above the citizenry. No Washington post or Balt Sun reporter, no CNN talking head, has ever had to make a payroll, pay vendors, or compete with china. Professional career politicians, lifetime bureaucrats, 'public servants" all speak in complete vagueness for a living so they don't tend to say anything easily misconstrued -- because they don't tend to say anything. So of course to them Trump is a Martian and playing outside of their rulebook.

4) As far as voter fraud the answer is: we have no idea if it is dozens or hundred of thousands -- or even millions
    a) No one has any idea of even the range,
    b) because the voter system is not set up to detect it.
    In cognitive framing this is a "known unknown. " No responsible study would postulate the amount of voter fraud at all. Why? Rules that have been crafted to reduce detection and prosecutions does NOT mean the detects or prosecuted cases represent the entire set.

As far as voter ID being targeted at or effective reducing the vote of the poor, the opposite is true. It is precisely people whose time is more valuable who could be argued to be harmed by positive ID, since all people have to spend the same amount of time to get it. it is specious to assert that it is "voter suppression" for the US to do what every developed democracy does, insist on real ID to vote. In Europe, Canada, Australia, Japan and S. korea you can't just say who you are and vote. You need a strong ID. There are also strong systems to prevent double voting by college kids and people who might vote at their new and old address.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    1) Hillary plus the green candidate got less of the popular vote than Trump plus the libertarian. Fact is that studies have shown that if your remove the libertarian those voted virtually all go to the GOP, just as if you remove green those mostly go to Democrats. conservatives won the popular and electoral college. Hillary outspent and had the entire pres corps with her and lost spectacularly. Hillary was not demonized, she was the ultimate unqualified candidate who felt entitled for no reason other than her name and warming the bench for a long time.

2) On popularity, most people don't like whomever is in charge. Macron in France and May in the Uk have way lower approvals than Trump. Merkel is the same as Trump. Are they somehow illegitimate??
    Theresa May's approval ratings are 27.5%. Macrons are 28.5% and even Merkel is majority disapproval, with her approvals only at 40%.

more to the point, the press BS on trump is clearly illustrated by the coverage of the above: How often do you read in the Post, NYtimes, or hear on CNN that President Trump has a higher approval rating than the majority of major developed democracy heads of government?

The fact is the elections and only the election decide -- and for good reason. otherwise you end up with someone like Obama or bill Clint who spent their entire time in office calculating their decisions on approval ratings, never taking any difficult decisions, as a executive must.

That is why the large majority of people who work for a living, who contribute to the common good, voted for Trump

3) The press and opinion leaders in DC and places dependent on Dc like Maryland hate trump simply because they did not make him. He does not put the opinion and interests of the ruling class above the citizenry. No Washington post or Balt Sun reporter, no CNN talking head, has ever had to make a payroll, pay vendors, or compete with china. Professional career politicians, lifetime bureaucrats, 'public servants" all speak in complete vagueness for a living so they don't tend to say anything easily misconstrued -- because they don't tend to say anything. So of course to them Trump is a Martian and playing outside of their rulebook.

4) As far as voter fraud the answer is: we have no idea if it is dozens or hundred of thousands -- or even millions
    a) No one has any idea of even the range,
    b) because the voter system is not set up to detect it.
    In cognitive framing this is a "known unknown. " No responsible study would postulate the amount of voter fraud at all. Why? Rules that have been crafted to reduce detection and prosecutions does NOT mean the detects or prosecuted cases represent the entire set.

As far as voter ID being targeted at or effective reducing the vote of the poor, the opposite is true. It is precisely people whose time is more valuable who could be argued to be harmed by positive ID, since all people have to spend the same amount of time to get it. it is specious to assert that it is "voter suppression" for the US to do what every developed democracy does, insist on real ID to vote. In Europe, Canada, Australia, Japan and S. korea you can't just say who you are and vote. You need a strong ID. There are also strong systems to prevent double voting by college kids and people who might vote at their new and old address.

You sir, have won the Internet for today.

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    1) Hillary plus the green candidate got less of the popular vote than Trump plus the libertarian. Fact is that studies have shown that if your remove the libertarian those voted virtually all go to the GOP, just as if you remove green those mostly go to Democrats. conservatives won the popular and electoral college.

It seems that a lot of "libertarians" just want legalized drugs and DemocRats are definitely on that side. At the national level Republicans are essentially the political wing of the DemocRat party, with the DemocRat party being the militant wing of the DemocRat party. Trump is disrupting the establishment and hopefully will open up room for true constitutional conservatives despite him basically being a Kennedy DemocRat. Of course, Kennedy today would be a mainstream Republican. Interesting times we are in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom