• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • medic87

Apr 27, 2008
    Az
    Anyone in the Rockville area interested in carpooling to the gun show? I can drive, and someone can help with gas, or vise-versa. I have room for two. (maybe 3 if someone is really small)

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Meh.....I'm saving all my spare change for the Dulles Show the 26th and 27th. I'm down for driving down with ya, I'll throw in for gas or for food for ya(Arby's for the win)

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Are you kidding me, The Dulles show are the ones that I always go....

Its over 1,000 Tables and its Candy Eye ! I will be brining alot of money to that show cuz i will not be gun hunting again until Nov due to Football Season that I am involved with.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Save the money for Dulles. Best bet of them all in my opinion. I will be saving up for ammo, mags, and a M1 carbine (import or other) to fit in my folding stock for an M1A1 clone.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Rules are about the same as any gunshow, I usually just go for ammo and accessories (just bought a home so my gunbuying will be curtailed, two things on my have to have list and I a done for a while).

-Cant buy handguns but they are out of state (unless shipped to a MD dealer). Not a big issue as you dont see many deals with the Maryland Dealers at the MD shows and they may be 80 miles from you when your waiting period is over.
    - Cant buy regulated "long arms", beware many dealers will sell them to you but it is you that has to explain it to the MDSP. Two shows ago I got into a discussion with a dealer over an M1 carbine where he was concerned it was an "assault weopon" by VA standards and couldnt sell it, in the end he figured out it wasnt. However you may run into this and perhaps another chan chip in the actual "law".
    - Can buy most long-arms.
    - Private sales are a problem, unless you meet someone from MD then you can do it.

Otherwise good show

medic87

Apr 27, 2008
    Az
    Thanks Jimbob, but I was actually trying to say that my offer to drive still stands.:D I'm mostly goin for ammo anyway.

medic87

Apr 27, 2008
    Az
    i will be going there on friday to get all of the ammo, I plan to leave work at 2pm to be there for opening !

Cool, I have off friday, but I think I'll go down saturday so I can spend all day lookin around:innocent0....

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    whats the best amount of money to bring? (besides the checkbook:D)

and can you usually find deal on small handguns under $200?

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    I am planning to be at the gunshow at Dulles and i might want to get a cheap shotgun. I hope to find something near the 200 range if that is possible for a 870 ?

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    oh well....

maybe SHE can pick up a rifle or shotgun of some sort for a very decent price

when i get my old 80's pick up for huntin :D im gonna need a beater gun to keep in it like an old AK or old shotgun

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    oh well....

maybe SHE can pick up a rifle or shotgun of some sort for a very decent price

when i get my old 80's pick up for huntin :D im gonna need a beater gun to keep in it like an old AK or old shotgun

Line the bed of the pickup with Astro-Turf....just trust me and Bill Clinton on this one.

Splitter

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom