• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csa_51

Mar 9, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I took my Father-in-law who was up from Texas. He had a lot of negative comments about the show. I was looking for an ammo can; which there were many.

As I was walking around the show I stopped by the Shooters Discount table and a man was buying a gun, he was sitting down with a rep filling out paperwork. Another rep behind their table asked him a couple of questions, as the buyer was answering the questions the other rep (the one doing paperwork) said "dont talk to him, talk to me." I was turned off by them right away. The buyer was nice and happy to buy what he found and then was talked to like garbage repeaditly.

I know I am one person but they will not get my business.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    There are deals to be had at gunshows, just depends on if its what you are looking for has the deal at the time. The high prices are obviously raised so you have to stand there and haggle for a while, I just look most of the time, rarely ever handle anything unless its cleaning supplies.

I also find it amusing to see all the freaks and bubbas, sellers and buyers lol

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Trying to think of anytime I bought a NEW firearm at a show, can't think of anything. I want to see the old and obscure.

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    I took my Father-in-law who was up from Texas. He had a lot of negative comments about the show. I was looking for an ammo can; which there were many.

As I was walking around the show I stopped by the Shooters Discount table and a man was buying a gun, he was sitting down with a rep filling out paperwork. Another rep behind their table asked him a couple of questions, as the buyer was answering the questions the other rep (the one doing paperwork) said "dont talk to him, talk to me." I was turned off by them right away. The buyer was nice and happy to buy what he found and then was talked to like garbage repeaditly.

I know I am one person but they will not get my business.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i to have seen this before and there general shi**ty attitude i know they have a nice following here but they will never get a buck from me i will not drive up the hill on the off chance someone will be there. at least the more expensive place at the bottom of the hill is a true business with retail hours.

about 2 years ago i tried to ask shooters about ordering bulk ammo through them and i guess they are making so much money they didn't want to be bothered.

so yes i have held my tongue till now but f them !!!

end rant

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Lou45 (owner of Shooter's Discount) is an Industry Partner on this forum and I imagine might be interested to hear some of these complaints. Consider PMing him and trying to resolve this issue privately before dragging his business through the mud.

Teemus

MSI Executive Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    The show promoters cannot regulate what the dealers bring to the show and/or what they charge for their wares. If you don't like the show, then stop going and send your check for $8.00 to the Brady Campaign to Reduce Gun Violence or whatever the hell they call themselves nowadays. From what I've read, they need every dollar they can get. Personally, I feel like $8.00 is a few hours of cheap entertainment and I never know what I'm going to find at a show.

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    Lou45 as the business owner can contact ME as the consumer

THAT'S HOW IT WORKS

I was just giving my experience it was the only experience i have had and this as i said was maybe 2 or 3 years ago.

i understand shooters has a good rep here and is an IP but i do not feel i need to keep quite because of that.

if i pushed it to far my apologies

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    The show promoters cannot regulate what the dealers bring to the show and/or what they charge for their wares. If you don't like the show, then stop going and send your check for $8.00 to the Brady Campaign to Reduce Gun Violence or whatever the hell they call themselves nowadays. From what I've read, they need every dollar they can get. Personally, I feel like $8.00 is a few hours of cheap entertainment and I never know what I'm going to find at a show.

Same here. I always try to go to my local gun shows, even if they are full of beef jerkey and beanie babies. I still always manage to find something cool to buy or dream about buying. You just never know when that one dealer is there with that one item you've been wanting for years and years but could never find.

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    if i pushed it to far my apologies

The admins/mods generally don't like to see IPs openly attacked on this forum, especially if you personally haven't seen fit to discuss the issue with the IP in private beforehand.

Obviously you're free to take your business wherever you like. I don't have a horse in the race and can't say as I've ever bought anything from him. Just passing along the admins/mods opinion on matters like these.

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    The admins/mods generally don't like to see IPs openly attacked on this forum, especially if you personally haven't seen fit to discuss the issue with the IP in private beforehand.

Obviously you're free to take your business wherever you like. I don't have a horse in the race and can't say as I've ever bought anything from him. Just passing along the admins/mods opinion on matters like these.

understood

thanks

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Went out to the Fairgrounds this morning to the "Gun Show" what a waste of time and $8. First of all only two buildings open so you feel like a sardine packed in a can with a bunch of morons looking for AR's, AK's and Pistol Grip shotguns who wouldnt know how to use a gun anyway. All are way over MSRP but on the bright side you can pick up overpriced ammo, cleaning supplies and a $200 waterproof flashlight, or coins, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Well I guess you learned your lesson #1

why are the people considered morons that were looking at the AR's, Ak's and pistol grip shot guns? that sounds like you were upset about something else? What is it can you share publicly? Your rant went from a bad gun show to the consumers there, I am puzzled????

He was probably frustrated with the congestion in the aisles.
    I know that when I go to the shows half of the people are in front of me at a standstill with no way to push around them and the other half are breathing down my neck wanting to move faster.
    (Sort of how I feel about driving on 95!)
    Having said that I still enjoy window shopping and seeing what I didn't know that I couldn't live without.

ESS

Jul 14, 2010
    Carroll Co.
    I Bought an NM M1A from Lou and the transaction was easy and Painless, I did buy it at a show a few years ago. The guys are busy at shows.

If they seemed Kurt, then perhaps they were just trying to be efficient to deal with the volume.

csa_51

Mar 9, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Lou45 (owner of Shooter's Discount) is an Industry Partner on this forum and I imagine might be interested to hear some of these complaints. Consider PMing him and trying to resolve this issue privately before dragging his business through the mud.

I understand what you are saying. However, I did see first hand and I choose to put it to the public. Other dealers are run through the mud; just because they are an IP we shouldnt hold our tongues. I enjoy this site and I like seeing everybody express their 1A right. For all I know it was the owner who made the comments. Forums like this allow owners to see the customers opinions. That is what makes this a great place.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    You can express your 1a right until posts are deleted, threads removed and users are banned. That's the way it is on every forum, don't like it and you have the option to start your own forum and run it however you want to. Just for the facts, not taking sides.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008

This is a real shame. I can remember when gunshows in MD would have a Sgt. at arms who would keep people from selling a bunch of unrelated crap.
    I still go to a handful of shows each year because I'm afraid if people stop going they will stop having shows. I won't buy unrelated crap at a show and have been known to voice that opinion when asked by the salesman. Maybe a bunch of emails to Silverado and some of the other promoters voicing our displeasure would have some influence in getting the crap out of there.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I understand what you are saying. However, I did see first hand and I choose to put it to the public. Other dealers are run through the mud; just because they are an IP we shouldnt hold our tongues. I enjoy this site and I like seeing everybody express their 1A right. For all I know it was the owner who made the comments. Forums like this allow owners to see the customers opinions. That is what makes this a great place.

You have no 1A rights on this forum. Re-read the amendment if you think an entity outside of Congress can violate the 1A. :)

Heck, you even agreed to waive your right to free speech on this forum when you agreed to join it:

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Maryland Shooters will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Maryland Shooters, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise in violation of any laws.

The owners of Maryland Shooters reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Once again, I have no horse in this race.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    my favorite dealer there (and at a couple of other md shows) is the one that just about grabs the gun back from you if you have the audacity to actually rack the slide or pull the trigger (and i'm not talking about slide release or muzzling someone, nor some fancy $10k one of a kind gun). Part of the fun thing about gun shows is the ability to really check out a wide variety of guns in the search to find the 'right' one(s), and all i can say is if their guns can't handle such 'abuse' then i ain't buying them as i'd be afraid to shoot them and have them blow up from a round actually going off.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    my favorite dealer there (and at a couple of other md shows) is the one that just about grabs the gun back from you if you have the audacity to actually rack the slide or pull the trigger (and i'm not talking about slide release or muzzling someone, nor some fancy $10k one of a kind gun). Part of the fun thing about gun shows is the ability to really check out a wide variety of guns in the search to find the 'right' one(s), and all i can say is if their guns can't handle such 'abuse' then i ain't buying them as i'd be afraid to shoot them and have them blow up from a round actually going off.

That's interesting, I always pull back the slide to check for emptyness (unless it was handed to me with the slide locked back).

Though I do usually ask before dry firing. Haven't run into that guy yet, but it doesn't surprise me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom