• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Definitely seems like a best of all possible worlds deal. MSRP is on the high side, I figure they'll be $900 street or so.

Wouldn't mind seeing a pistol caliber suppressor built along the same design philosophy.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Silencerco is really raising the bar on these items it seems. What has AAC released lately?

Not that the SDN6 is a bad product. (I own oneJ Just seems to be getting long in the tooth. Maybe they'll make a 51T adapter like the 5.56 Saker.

cool beans

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I have absolutely no proof on this theory, but I'm guessing this was designed with a military contract in mind. After SilencerCo came out with their K models for the Saker and Specwar, I presumably think this was the ultimate response. Shortest, lightest, quietest... and I bet cheaper when massed produced, as it doesn't have a whole lot of features like the Saker, but is lighter then the Specwar.

Just my theory, nothing else.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Just saw this
    http://www.deadairsilencers.com/products.html

Mike Pappas was the faceman on Silencerco, but now ditched and started his own.
    Curious what kind of rebellion happened at Silencerco!

“I’m finally building the no compromise suppressors that I’ve always wanted to make. No corporate bottom lines. The only thing that matters to me is how it sounds

Yet there are no specs on the suppression of his product.

Closest I've seen to a Dead Air review with stats.

http://www.silencershop.com/dead-air-impressions/

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    I'm sorry, but with all the excellent silencer companies on today's market I expect something ground breaking to shake things up. This appears to be a nice standup suppressor company (Dead Air) built on the same industry standard principles. Simply put; good but nothing special.

For me, I want unparalleled sound suppression that will calm a supersonic 5.56 NATO round at or near 130db, if not less. As to me, that's truly hearing safe. I think the term "hearing safe" is thrown around WAY too much. For me, something to be truly hearing safe should be 130db at the absolute max. I realize this may be an impossible request, but in my defense stop using the term "hearing safe" when reviewing suppressors.

That's my gripe, and I'm sticking to it!

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    bobthefisher, both the Silencerco Omega and Specwar are 130db on 5.56

I know, I own a Specwar 556 and based on atmospheric conditions it can be considered borderline hearing safe. It's still load shooting without ear pro on a normal 16 inch AR-15. To say its not, means that you have significant hearing loss or are fooling yourself, and I'm at 32 years of age.

Look... I understand that hearing safe is subjective, but if I had to quantify it, 130db would be the bare minimum. Anything more is not hearing safe at all. Not even 1db over, seriously!

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I'm sorry, but with all the excellent silencer companies on today's market I expect something ground breaking to shake things up. This appears to be a nice standup suppressor company (Dead Air) built on the same industry standard principles. Simply put; good but nothing special.

For me, I want unparalleled sound suppression that will calm a supersonic 5.56 NATO round at or near 130db, if not less. As to me, that's truly hearing safe. I think the term "hearing safe" is thrown around WAY too much. For me, something to be truly hearing safe should be 130db at the absolute max. I realize this may be an impossible request, but in my defense stop using the term "hearing safe" when reviewing suppressors.

That's my gripe, and I'm sticking to it!

You set the bar awfully high when the motto is no compromise suppressors. Maybe the investment was in durability and aesthetics.

Maybe the change in tone at the ear is more significant than the actual dB reduction. Dunno.

Right now I don’t see anything unique either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom