sign of times to come? liberals, far left looking to buy their first gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Last night I had a caller and it went like this. " hi I'd like to buy my first handgun." Me "okay , are you aware of the new laws in Maryland regarding the purchase of a regulated gun?" Him "no what do I have to do?" I explained to him the process and he mumbled some cuss words. Then I asked him what was his primary interest, sport, protection or just collecting? He then told me he hates guns but wants to buy one now because he may not be able to in the near future. So I asked him if he HATES guns is he prepared to take all the steps to own possess and use one responsibly? He hung up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if they don't go through with buying a gun at least they are discovering It Ain't Easy To Get A Gun.. The laws are already in place to burden the law abiding and the illegal guns are illegal because criminals don't obey the existing laws and are unlikely to obey any new ones..

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Even if they don't go through with buying a gun at least they are discovering It Ain't Easy To Get A Gun.. The laws are already in place to burden the law abiding and the illegal guns are illegal because criminals don't obey the existing laws and are unlikely to obey any new ones..

Precisely! And that's our secondary point.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    actually a lot of people I constantly hear droning on about weapons of death no one should have now are suddenly totally fine with me having all the guns I want as long as it means someone there to protect them when bad guys show up.

A lesser number want to arm themselves, mainly because safety is everyone else's job to provide for these people.

Funny isn't it? My indifferent to anti friends who thought I was a nut suddenly wanted my advice on buying a gun during Y2K and during the , Rodney King riots. A few had the balls to ask to borrow one. Nah!!. I would offer to take them to the range with a .22 revolver first then a .22 semi. Those who were insisting on a 9MM etc., got nothing. Told them to go take a class or find someone else.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Amazing how many buy into the "anybody can get a gun online, at a show etc. BS, then find out it's going to cost them about $250 and some class time before they can buy their hand gun. Poor babies.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Last night I had a caller and it went like this. " hi I'd like to buy my first handgun." Me "okay , are you aware of the new laws in Maryland regarding the purchase of a regulated gun?" Him "no what do I have to do?" I explained to him the process and he mumbled some cuss words. Then I asked him what was his primary interest, sport, protection or just collecting? He then told me he hates guns but wants to buy one now because he may not be able to in the near future. So I asked him if he HATES guns is he prepared to take all the steps to own possess and use one responsibly? He hung up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you Should of asked if they Voted for O'Malley? and thank the Legislature for the process...

The protection angle seems to exploit the Anti's Arguments...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    No, more good guys with guns is always a good thing. I stand by my statement.

The problem is, a lot of these people will NOT be "good" guys, even when they own a guns.

Many libtards own a gun, and still want more gun control.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I always tell them that I can bring my gun to their house.

And take all their food and water!
    Then I laugh. It makes them think a little bit.

lol - my brother in-law did this to some of his Chevy Chase neighbors. He gave them a tour of the remodeled house and they happened to see the gun safe. They asked if he would be willing to show them what he has, and he did. One picked up the Ruger Alaskan and almost crapped his pants when he saw it was loaded. He turned to my brother in-law and said, "You know this is loaded?" Brother in-law, "Yep." Neighbor, "But there are kids in the house." Brother in-law, "And the gun is kept in the safe." My brother in-law went on to explain that the gun would be worthless if he needed it suddenly and had to load it up. Bad enough to have to open the safe for it.

They continued to talk and one of the neighbors said, "Where do you keep all of the canned food and water for the Apocalypse?" My brother in-law responded, "I don't need it." The neighbor was curious as to why. My brother in-law asked all the neighbors present if they had canned food and dry goods. They responded with a yes. Bottled water. They responded with a yes. He then pointed out that since he is the only one of them with firearms, he would just pay each of them a visit during the Apocalypse and ask them to fill up his boxes with food and water. They laughed. My brother in-law didn't. One then asked him, "Are you serious?" Brother in-law responded with, "Let's hope we never have to find out."

My brother in-law said that it looked like gears were turning in their heads at that point.

I think Obama has really made US Citizens fear for their well being because of his foreign and domestic policies (ineptitude).

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    lol - my brother in-law did this to some of his Chevy Chase neighbors. He gave them a tour of the remodeled house and they happened to see the gun safe. They asked if he would be willing to show them what he has, and he did. One picked up the Ruger Alaskan and almost crapped his pants when he saw it was loaded. He turned to my brother in-law and said, "You know this is loaded?" Brother in-law, "Yep." Neighbor, "But there are kids in the house." Brother in-law, "And the gun is kept in the safe." My brother in-law went on to explain that the gun would be worthless if he needed it suddenly and had to load it up. Bad enough to have to open the safe for it.

They continued to talk and one of the neighbors said, "Where do you keep all of the canned food and water for the Apocalypse?" My brother in-law responded, "I don't need it." The neighbor was curious as to why. My brother in-law asked all the neighbors present if they had canned food and dry goods. They responded with a yes. Bottled water. They responded with a yes. He then pointed out that since he is the only one of them with firearms, he would just pay each of them a visit during the Apocalypse and ask them to fill up his boxes with food and water. They laughed. My brother in-law didn't. One then asked him, "Are you serious?" Brother in-law responded with, "Let's hope we never have to find out."

My brother in-law said that it looked like gears were turning in their heads at that point.

I think Obama has really made US Citizens fear for their well being because of his foreign and domestic policies (ineptitude).

Hope I don't have to test that theory either. More for me is looking for targets of opportunity.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    More good guys with guns is never a bad thing. More folks having "THEIRS" means more folks with skin in the game and something to lose. There are plenty of people on this forum who aren't conservatives per se, but they are staunch defenders of 2A. Alienating those who want to take part in the right because of disagreements on other issues is foolish, in my opinion.

You mean all of those "I'm a gun owner but...." people? Frankly, the majority of them don't give a shit about 2A. Lip service maybe, but they will continue voting for people who will put bans in place.

I don't care how many letters you write or phone calls you make. If you vote for an anti 2A politician you ARE anti 2A.

As a group we are far too welcoming of those people.

I don't care if they become staunch supporters of our cause (2nd Amendment), so long as their cause (self defense/personal protection) dovetails with ours and helps build the community against the legislative issues we have here in MD.

Start preaching self defense/personal protection, leave the 2nd Amendment arguments and sales pitch off the table for the start and we will start to grow a community exponentially.

That's just the thing. The self defense people don't care about 2A at all. They get their glock or whatever and then think, "well nobody actually NEEDS an AR" and then next time the ban debate comes around we have even more people going "As a gun owner I fully support reasonable regulations."

I agree...but...if we say "only certain people should have guns," aren't we then just like "them" :mad54:

I don't know...the whole thing seems tricky.:shrug:

I'm not banning them from anything. I'm just never going to help them.

The problem is, a lot of these people will NOT be "good" guys, even when they own a guns.

Many libtards own a gun, and still want more gun control.

EXACTLY!

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC

This is a good talk track but after a while I got tired of using it and needed something with a stronger response

Now when someone tells me they are coming to my house during the apocalypse or riots for their safety I say:

"Good...after the food runs out I'm gonna need people to eat" and "unless you are a doctor or a farmer I don't have any use for you"

That usually gets them thinking that it will be every man for himself. Or should I say, every ARMED man.

No....I don't believe we will band together....too many takers.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    At my last job before i left Murderland I worked for a guy that introduced himself to me as the most liberal person I'd ever meet. Great guy. Bumped into him at the howard county gunshow looking to buy an AR15 "Before they were banned". This was at the peak of SB281 nuttiness.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This is a good talk track but after a while I got tired of using it and needed something with a stronger response

Now when someone tells me they are coming to my house during the apocalypse or riots for their safety I say:

"Good...after the food runs out I'm gonna need people to eat" and "unless you are a doctor or a farmer I don't have any use for you"

That usually gets them thinking that it will be every man for himself. Or should I say, every ARMED man.

No....I don't believe we will band together....too many takers.

No need to be so direct

... I say...thats too bad I plan to be long gone... Feel free to die on my doorstep,however.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Start preaching self defense/personal protection, leave the 2nd Amendment arguments and sales pitch off the table for the start .

I have found that this approach (especially recently) is the most effective I have used, and for me personally, is one I am most comfortable with, and see the most positive results with.

:thumbsup:

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Make it simpler, make it s self defense/personal protection issue, something even more folks can get behind from all walks. Make the elected officials say they are against personal protection/self defense, and then plat that again and again and make them defend their position.

(How many are starting to see a trend here?)

:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom