• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WESTMD

Member 2006
    Feb 19, 2006
    Far Far Away in W/MD
    I was browsing Gun Broker today and found this on one dealers description:

We will NOT ship nor sell to residents of CA, CT, DC, IL, MD, NJ, NY, HI, or CO. We are sorry that your states do not support the Second Amendment as our Home State, and 43 Other states do.

This was for a firearm that would be legal for someone in MD to transfer and own. I am afraid that this is a sign of things to come for us in MD who buy from these auction sites and have the firearm transferred here.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    This isn't new so much as getting worse. There have been GB sellers for some time now that won't deal with MD residents.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Many on this forum support manufacturers moving out of gun ban states, including Maryland. Did you really think it wouldn't have any effect on us? I know it hurts those of us who live in ban states but can you really blame them? I can't.

SmithWesson66

Feb 28, 2009
    I have never had an issue on gunbroker and gotten very good deals, BUT, you have to read the auctions carefully. I often contact the seller by phone or email just to confirm everything is ok.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    from what I've seen on Gunbroker half of the refusals to sell to MD are about fear of our clap-trap laws and the other half of the refusals are about making a strong political statement...

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    That's cool.

I like it when dealers "take a stand" against politicans I didn't vote for by refusing to do business with me. It makes me feel all special.

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    I don't blame them at all. It may be a blessing maybe it will get the half asses gun owners attention that didn't pay attention to what happened and get enough people to make them finally care.

There is a breaking point that has to be met to were we have to take immediate action.

Like the movie the network you have to say God damnit I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    We will NOT ship nor sell to residents of CA, CT, DC, IL, MD, NJ, NY, HI, or CO. We are sorry that your states do not support the Second Amendment as our Home State, and 43 Other states do.

His math is great. He is refusing to sell to 8 states and DC then says his home state and 43 other states do. So 8+1+43 somehow equals the 50 states in this union? Hmm.

Back on topic. I can't say as I blame him for not wanting to sell to md.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    These people are reactionary idiots.

Thy are ONLY punishing 2A supporting shooters who were ignored and betrayed by self serving politicians. Maryland politicians love it when stuff like that happens as it only supports their agenda of keeping guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens.

Talk about giving aid and comfort to the enemy....

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Many of the members of this forum voted for Obama, and some twice.

:D

Did you really think it would not affect brokers selling to us?

And sadly, they would vote for Chuck Shumer for President 2016.

They'd vote for Brian Frosh for President 2016.

They'd vote for Doug Gansler for President 2016.

They'd vote for O'Malley for President 2016.

They'd vote for Barry Obama for President 2016 (hell, give the man a 3rd term).

They are Democrats first and foremost.

If they take the guns then they will proudly play Golf and Fish.

Don't count me among them. :D

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I had a big go around with the Sportsmans Guide. They wouldn't sell the M16 or AK47 parts kits to Maryland. I sent them a bunch of E-mails and finally they said they would sell them to us, they just couldn't send the 30 rnd. magazine with the kit. I'm like "No Sh!t Sherlock" I asked them in my first E-Mail if it was the magazine issue. But they will sell us the kits. Not that I even wanted one but, it's just the principle of it. People are afraid to deal with our state..... Some are just not willing to do any research into our laws either. Sad state of affairs. :sad20:

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    GB is only hurting the 2A supporters

GB is doing exactly what the idiot Democrats in this state want them to do. Don't sell ANYTHING to us. I can understand manufacturers moving out of MD, but I can't understand GB or any other FFL not selling to a MD resident because of our government. Don't sell to MD government agencies. But don't penalize the rest of us working very hard to protect our 2A rights. You would think GB would want to flood the state with regulated weapons.

WDM

Mar 4, 2013
    Caroline County
    Many of the members of this forum voted for Obama, and some twice.

:D

Did you really think it would not affect brokers selling to us?

And sadly, they would vote for Chuck Shumer for President 2016.

They'd vote for Brian Frosh for President 2016.

They'd vote for Doug Gansler for President 2016.

They'd vote for O'Malley for President 2016.

They'd vote for Barry Obama for President 2016 (hell, give the man a 3rd term).

They are Democrats first and foremost.

If they take the guns then they will proudly play Golf and Fish.

Don't count me among them. :D

You hit the nail on the head. :thumbsup:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Most people selling on Gunbroker don't know their own state laws much less Notsomerryland laws.

Would you risk going to "federal pound me in the a$$ prison" if you were unsure about state/federal gun laws?

That's what I thought.

It's not the sellers problem.

It's our problem.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I support companies that refuse to sell to government agencies in those states.

Not selling to citizens in those states is bad. It alienates shooters, divides people, and they need to understand that you need to have at least 51 pro-2a senators to stop NATIONAL legislation.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Most people selling on Gunbroker don't know their own state laws much less Notsomerryland laws.

Would you risk going to "federal pound me in the a$$ prison" if you were unsure about state/federal gun laws?

That's what I thought.

It's not the sellers problem.

It's our problem.

Correct me if I am wrong but the seller wouldn't be in trouble since its being sent to a FFL here

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Correct me if I am wrong but the seller wouldn't be in trouble since its being sent to a FFL here

Yeah, I don't get that. They're sending it to the FFL, not to the citizen. The only reasoning there is so they don't get the gun shipped back to them or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom