• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I just don't the market for this stuff is in the United States. Civilians have problems with the AOW/SBR aspect, and LEOs generally have the cash to buy separate 9mm rifles. Is there some kind of weird civilian armed security niche that this fits into? I'm just not seeing it.

EngageSmith

Industry Partner
    May 31, 2011
    Kensington, MD
    I just don't the market for this stuff is in the United States. Civilians have problems with the AOW/SBR aspect, and LEOs generally have the cash to buy separate 9mm rifles. Is there some kind of weird civilian armed security niche that this fits into? I'm just not seeing it.

There is a certain part of the market that learns about guns from shows like Top Shot, Future Weapons and the like. Lots of people that have money and want these "cool" toys. I've had a few people ask where to get an MP7A1 lately (and there was a post here about it as well). This sort of thing would appeal to those people, I think, which is why companies produce these products.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    A guy I work with has the roni and suppressed it. While it does look pretty cool he dropped over 2k and really only has a glock 17. With that being said it does look awesome but it's applications for your average shooter seem limited.

Then again I guess you could say that just about almost any weapon

dwhaley

Oct 20, 2008
    There is a certain part of the market that learns about guns from shows like Top Shot, Future Weapons and the like. Lots of people that have money and want these "cool" toys. I've had a few people ask where to get an MP7A1 lately (and there was a post here about it as well). This sort of thing would appeal to those people, I think, which is why companies produce these products.

True that...for the rest of us, solution looking for a problem. However, a P90-esque bullpup Glock carbine would be pretty neat as a plinker, and good for some female shooters. I've been thinking about a CX4 wth TLR-1 for my sister...smaller than an AR, negligible recoil, cheap to run, easier to manage than a 12ga for HD purposes.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The only thing I want from the MP7A1 are the iron sights... I love the "open when flat, aperture when up" paradigm. Too bad they're like $300 from HKPro.

And, yes, the Sub-2000 is excellent. Just a bit longer than it should be... I've often daydreamed about doing something like chopping the barrel, threading it, and then using an aftermarket front sight. Unfortunately, the economics on that aren't very good - I could run a similar length 9mm AR-15 SBR for not much more.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Just buy this and be done with it:

P1090664.jpg

If you want to go the SBR route, cut the barrel or get a K model. Both do everything the Sig abomination does and more IMO.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Thoughts before reading comments.
    1. Wouldn't that then be sbr/aow?
    2. What's wrong with the sub2k?

Came late to the party though...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Unfortunately, the last thing I had read was that MKE had cut off ATI, and there are no more MKE imports coming in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom