• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    There is something about the early examples I can't quite put my finger on. Both of my BDA's and my P75's, all built in the 70's just seem to be more finely built than the later ones. Even my P6, built in 1982 isn't as smooth when you work the action and the trigger is heavier. I also have a P228 made in 1991. It's very nice but again, the action isn't as smooth and the trigger pull is a little heavier than my 70's P220's. The early ones are almost as smooth as a 210.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Right.. but they must be wanting to make a retro version if they wanted an example of a P79. The modern version is irrelevant, they don't need to go to private collectors to find examples of that.
    I asked if they were doing a 50th anniversary model and I couldn't get an answer.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    ................................. I'd remind him to wipe off the guns with oil after touching them....as he's more corrosive than egyptian 9mm ammo!!!!

And screw the sigs, I want his stash of P7 pistols.

LOL. As you've seen first hand, I DO make things rust. But I discovered some years ago now that Eezox is the cure. Break Free CLP works too but it leaves an oily residue. For an anti-Combloc coating, Eezox is the ticket.

As for P7's, I'm down to one. I was buying them when they were cheap and cashing in later. I've always kept my first one, an early 80's Lower Saxony Polizei trade in. I've really worn the finish on that old clunker but I trust it as much as I trust my Dog. The more the finish thins, the more I love it.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    There is something about the early examples I can't quite put my finger on. Both of my BDA's and my P75's, all built in the 70's just seem to be more finely built than the later ones. Even my P6, built in 1982 isn't as smooth when you work the action and the trigger is heavier. I also have a P228 made in 1991. It's very nice but again, the action isn't as smooth and the trigger pull is a little heavier than my 70's P220's. The early ones are almost as smooth as a 210.

Do they have the firing pin plunger safety? just spit balling

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    LOL. As you've seen first hand, I DO make things rust. But I discovered some years ago now that Eezox is the cure. Break Free CLP works too but it leaves an oily residue. For an anti-Combloc coating, Eezox is the ticket.

As for P7's, I'm down to one. I was buying them when they were cheap and cashing in later. I've always kept my first one, an early 80's Lower Saxony Polizei trade in. I've really worn the finish on that old clunker but I trust it as much as I trust my Dog. The more the finish thins, the more I love it.
    I still love the P7. That pistol shoots. Low capacity (unless you get the m13) but darn if it isn't a pleasure to carry one. They are smooth to start but once you really shoot them, it's amazing how slick they get.

Not a sig expert like you are but based on the interest from SIG usa and the retro gun fad of late I wouldn't be surprised to see them float their own entry into the arena.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My theory based on this information is that they're going to do a very limited run of "original P75s" through Sig Custom Works, and want an early P220 / P75 to compare against.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom