• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FakeID

Aug 5, 2022
    AACo Maryland
    Hey MDS, Im working on my second build. woohoo. First was rather straight forward glock, so im still feeling green. Ive decided to commit to my 365 as a carry pistol and wanted to play with some extra parts ive come across and figure out what i need to complete the pistol. Top of my WTB list, if anyone has seen one, is a 365 FCU- I would prefer a custom works one to compare with stock but either one would do. If anyone has seen one or has a line on them please let me know. Ive been looking for 60+ days now and im at the point of considering buying a used pistol to scrape parts off of. Just depends on how much more patience I have. In the meantime im trying to wrap up what i can.

Anyways here is my question i have yet to find a complete answer for: Can i add a manual safety to any FCU or will i need a particular FCU? If i can add it.. which particular parts will I need? I do have a grip that is labeled for one.

Also, I have a zaffiri precision slide coming that i plan to plate nickel or silver just to do something weird... My question about the slide: I saw an article on another firearm blog that explains the need to use the new style extractor and striker... Will the choice to add the manual safety play any role or conflict if i buy a used 365 or get a custom works FCU- basically, can any FCU be converted to manual safety? I know I would need these new style parts, but is there anything else?

Any great sig part suppliers or forum sponsors I should visit or call in to get the parts I need ordered?

Thanks to all who answer for helping cut some time out of my research and preventing me from overspending to get this done. Cheers:beer:

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Adding a safety to a FCG that doesn't have it is easy. They are made for it. It's the safety bar, a detente and spring. You put the safety bar in the slot on the FCG, insert the detente and spring and you're done.

At least that's what Youtube said. Mine already came with the safety installed.

Twist

Feb 17, 2023
    Annapolis
    I put a Wilson Combat grip module w/manual safety cut out on my P365 and bought the parts directly from Sig for the MS. Very easy install which should work on any P365 FCU. The mag release on the WC grip module was a little persnickety mainly due to a much stronger spring on it. I'd just go directly to Sig for the FCU and the parts.

You mentioned that this will be your carry pistol. I think about a carry firearm the way I think about a work truck - no bling, functional, and keep it in good working order. Not too concerned what it looks like. It's not a fashion accessory for me.

FakeID

Aug 5, 2022
    AACo Maryland
    I put a Wilson Combat grip module w/manual safety cut out on my P365 and bought the parts directly from Sig for the MS. Very easy install which should work on any P365 FCU. The mag release on the WC grip module was a little persnickety mainly due to a much stronger spring on it. I'd just go directly to Sig for the FCU and the parts.

You mentioned that this will be your carry pistol. I think about a carry firearm the way I think about a work truck - no bling, functional, and keep it in good working order. Not too concerned what it looks like. It's not a fashion accessory for me.

Thank you. I appreciate your input on the FCU/manual safety question. I also have the WC grip to work up from.

Also 100% agree about function over fancy for the carry pistol as it is a tool. Im guessing your referring to my plans to put plating on the slide when sharing your philosophy.. what can i say... i have the ability and desire but i do agree and in the end i could very well end up with cerakote or that molly resin i saw mentioned on MDS the other day. May also put the new slide on another 365 and swap the carry pistol to have stock for the reasons you mention. I know the plating can be obnoxious and im not a gucci guy by any means. Just a nerd trying new things. lol Thanks again

FakeID

Aug 5, 2022
    AACo Maryland
    Adding a safety to a FCG that doesn't have it is easy. They are made for it. It's the safety bar, a detente and spring. You put the safety bar in the slot on the FCG, insert the detente and spring and you're done.

At least that's what Youtube said. Mine already came with the safety installed.

Thank you for specifying the items Ill need to add the MS.. does sound very easy. Even easier if you just buy the firearm complete. Good to know its doable.

BTW I FULLY trust Google, Facebook, Youtube, the FBI, ATF, and the DOJ- That's why i came here to ask. :whack:

FakeID

Aug 5, 2022
    AACo Maryland
    Sig has a parts kit with all of the pieces you need. I think it retails for about $50 but I've seen it online for around $35.
    Thank you- i have most of what i need in hand or on order as of today. Still waiting to hear about an FCU-Sig told me i need to order through a local retailer and that's about it. I realize now this isnt much of a project as much as a purchasing errand. I ended up having to order from a couple retailers for part due to pricing and availability, but once all here ill finish the slide and be moving on to something else. Thanks for everyones kind words and assistance.

jeh

Sep 1, 2022
    MoCo
    Have you tried Atlantic Guns in Rockville? I could have sworn I saw a custom works 365FCU in the case when I was in there last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom