• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I’m thinking about adding another rimfire to the collection. I want an optics ready 22, both fit that bill. Putting a red dot on these, the FN has rear sights that are on the mounting plate, so I‘d still have the ability to use them. On the Sig, the rear sight is removed to add a red dot. The Sig is made by Sig, the FN is from Umarex to FN standards. I know there is a thread on the P322 here, and a mention in that thread of the FN502.

Of these two, which would you choose?

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Either one is fine, but the FN is F'N expensive for no real improvement. They honestly both feel like toys. Ruger SR22 is still my pick for pure quality (nearly 20K rounds through mine so far with no problems), but you didn't ask that haha.

Last edited:

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Either one is fine, but the FN is F'N expensive for no real improvement. They honestly both feel like toys. Ruger SR22 is still my pick for pure quality (nearly 20K rounds through mine so far with no problems), but you didn't ask that haha.
    If the Ruger were optics ready, it would be one for consideration, have two Wranglers and an LCP2 that are ok. I also have an M&P 22, so I’m not really looking for another semi automatic with open sights. Not interested in the Taurus TX22 competition. The FN seems to price out about $120.00 more than the Sig. That May also factor in the decision if it’s not really adding anything to justify the premium.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    If the Ruger were optics ready, it would be one for consideration, have two Wranglers and an LCP2 that are ok. I also have an M&P 22, so I’m not really looking for another semi automatic with open sights. Not interested in the Taurus TX22 competition. The FN seems to price out about $120.00 more than the Sig. That May also factor in the decision if it’s not really adding anything to justify the premium.

SR22 is technically optics ready...just gotta replace the rear sight with one of these:

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Thanks, for the info! I see that there is a dovetail mount available for the M&P I currently have. I may have to look into that setup. I’d be curious to know if adding the mount and an optic would cause cycling issues from the additional few ounces on the slide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom