• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    SRT

I should have searched the almighty YouTube first, I guess I was being a little lazy. Thanks, I'll check out the videos later today.

With all of the new Maryland legislation, I'd rather not send my gun out for 'gunsmithing' to get this work done.

I am pretty sure that drvth8r is correct, that if you have someone other than a SIG armorer do it, it will void your warranty. Mine cost me $99 which included shipping if I remember correctly for my P220.

There are no issues with mailing it out to the factory for repairs straight from your home. That is legal and allowed, only for repairs or work done on it though.

Sig had just sent me an email for discounts on custom work, but, I cannot find it. Must have been deleted from my system already. Do not quote me, but, there was something that they were offering for only $79, I just do not remember what it is. But it really is not that much money and well worth the $100. Check out their website, and sign up for their emails. They do not send that many, really, maybe 1 per month, that's about it. They don't offer too many discounts....hahahhahahaahaha

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Factory install?

Picked up a new Enhanced Elite P226 on Sept 1. Would it already have it installed? How would I know?

I am about 99% SURE yours would be factory installed. Log onto the SIG website, look up SIG 226 Elite, and check out specifications. That will tell you what all your pistol comes with. But I am pretty sure an ELITE would have it already on there from the factory.:D

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    I have a P226 Enhanced Elite. The SRT comes standard in that model. IMO, it is a huge improvement over the standard trigger reset. The trigger pull on the Enhanced Elite feels better to me than base models for some reason too. I think the springs might be lighter, but I'm not sure about that.

Jambone

Sep 15, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    During my lunch break today I stopped in Bob's Sunoco to check out their stock. They had some Sigs at the shop that they need to send back because they were shipped with 20-round magazines. They had a P226 Tacops packages and the pistol had a really cool high vis front sight on it and all-round night sights. Pretty cool, the sights seemed very functional for both day and night shooting. I'll have to hunt one down for my pistol. Has anyone seen these sights for the Sigs?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    During my lunch break today I stopped in Bob's Sunoco to check out their stock. They had some Sigs at the shop that they need to send back because they were shipped with 20-round magazines. They had a P226 Tacops packages and the pistol had a really cool high vis front sight on it and all-round night sights. Pretty cool, the sights seemed very functional for both day and night shooting. I'll have to hunt one down for my pistol. Has anyone seen these sights for the Sigs?

That's the model I own. The sights are fantastic.
    (And the four 20 round mags are pretty nice too)

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones

Did you buy anything????

Jambone

Sep 15, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    Did you buy anything????

Nah, I wish, but the guys I go with during lunch typically clean up. They say that being a collector requires you to purchase one firearm a month. I guess I read the collector qualification incorrectly. I thought that it allowed you to buy one a month but I guess you're required to buy one a month.

Jambone

Sep 15, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    That's the model I own. The sights are fantastic.
    (And the four 20 round mags are pretty nice too)

How does that front sight look with the rear night sights in the dark? It was hard to tell in the shop what that would look like. I'd consider switching out my front sight for front high vis/night sight.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Nah, I wish, but the guys I go with during lunch typically clean up. They say that being a collector requires you to purchase one firearm a month. I guess I read the collector qualification incorrectly. I thought that it allowed you to buy one a month but I guess you're required to buy one a month.

You should at least get one of those cool Bob's hats with the flap in the back ... :party29:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    How does that front sight look with the rear night sights in the dark? It was hard to tell in the shop what that would look like. I'd consider switching out my front sight for front high vis/night sight.

This is how it looks in the safe

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      28.8 KB · Views: 118

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD

there is NO requirement, it WAIVES the "one gun every 30 day rule" and allows a collector to purchase more than one every 30 days IF THEY WANT TO

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom