• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    This is nothing new or amazing, but I had no idea these were made. I always thought the P226 had 15 round magazine that were flush fit, and 20 round mags that stuck out longer...like the TACOPS model.

It turns out there is a 18 round magazine that is the same size as the 15 round magazine. It is made by MECGAR, the same company that makes the Sig factory magazines. MECGAR makes all of Sigs magazines, so they aren't really "aftermarket." You can buy the MECGAR mags without a SIG logo on it for half the price, and get the same magazine.

I figured this would be interested for other P226 owners out there. Though its just 3 extra rounds, I'm happier with carrying 18 then I am 15, especially if the magazine is the same size anyway. I think they sell for like $23, and I saw them on topgunsupply recently.

I had no idea about these, so hopefully it will help some of you out too.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I just got mine. I wish I would have known this before I bought 15 round magazines...

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    MecGar makes really nice mags. They make the factory CZ mags too and the CZ mags are $40 from CZ but the MecGar ones are $20 for the same mag with a different stamp on the front. You really can't go wrong there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom