• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sigs4me

Sep 19, 2009
    For everyone interested the guys down at Engage Armament are havening a SIG days and all Sigs will be on sale you can find details on their website My understanding is all Sigs are on sale...

SciereVeritas

Jan 27, 2010
    I was just in there talking with them about the pricing. Nothing too special it seems....a P238 thats normally $699 is only marked down to $630. Other deals could be better though.

SciereVeritas

Jan 27, 2010
    And? Thats their "sale" price and it's still more expensive than other places. We all know retail prices don't mean anything either. Who ever would pay $1800 or even $3000 for the X5 is out of their ****ing mind.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Its an very old story with many of the MD dealers it seems. Its almost like they assume we do not shop around and know what the typical prices are.

They will look at you with their straight faces and act as if they are giving you the best price around when they know they are among the highest prices going.

SciereVeritas

Jan 27, 2010
    QFT. As I have said many times before, maybe if they (MoCo stores) make their prices more reasonable, they will probably sell more and cover the difference in prices. Personally, I would much rather sell multiple Glocks a week at $525 a piece rather than sell one Glock in a week at $600. Not only would you sell more to people who are already your customers, but in turn those customers will tell people about your great prices and bring you more business.

People who are in the market for guns research them online first and then go into stores in the area. What are they going to think about your store if they see places online with Glocks for $500 and then walk into your store and they are $600. They are going to think rip off.

Business school would probably help the stores owners quite a bit, not just talking about Engage here. Your prices have to be competitive, not down right absurd.

And I don't give a shit about the people who say, "Oh their in MoCo, its so expensive, of course their prices are going to be higher." Don't rip off your customers or pretty soon your not going to have any, bottom line. /rant

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    QFT. As I have said many times before, maybe if they (MoCo stores) make their prices more reasonable, they will probably sell more and cover the difference in prices. Personally, I would much rather sell multiple Glocks a week at $525 a piece rather than sell one Glock in a week at $600. Not only would you sell more to people who are already your customers, but in turn those customers will tell people about your great prices and bring you more business.

People who are in the market for guns research them online first and then go into stores in the area. What are they going to think about your store if they see places online with Glocks for $500 and then walk into your store and they are $600. They are going to think rip off.

Business school would probably help the stores owners quite a bit, not just talking about Engage here. Your prices have to be competitive, not down right absurd.

And I don't give a shit about the people who say, "Oh their in MoCo, its so expensive, of course their prices are going to be higher." Don't rip off your customers or pretty soon your not going to have any, bottom line. /rant

I think many of the dealers who do charge the higher price fail to see the smart biz bigger picture. I not being a gun dealer myself assume the gun biz is much like any.

I think their is more money in the return sales on the lower priced supplies like ammo, cleaning kit, and so on. To get people coming back to your store, you have to be known as having low to reasonable prices. If your one of the dealers who like to sell at MSRP and higher, people for the most part will not be back.

They may make a sale if they were to have something in stock that someone wanted and get away with sticking it to the customer on that one sale, but that customer will not be back for anything else ever.

It would be much better to sell the guns as cheep as possible and get the rep as a dealers with low prices, and get people going out of their way to shop with them.

But what do I know?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    For everyone interested the guys down at Engage Armament are havening a SIG days and all Sigs will be on sale you can find details on their website My understanding is all Sigs are on sale...

Well group,

I sent them an email for prices on some Sig's I have been considering as follows;

• Sig P226 Blackwater 9mm MSRP-$1300.00 sale Price $1020.00
    • Sig P220 Elite Dark .45 MSRP- $1200.00 sale Price $950.00
    • Sig p220 Elite Dark .45 MSRP- $1306.00 sale Price $1030.00 Threaded bbl

I can tell you I have been looking at these guns for some time getting many prices fro Md dealers and one place I deal with in PA. I can tell you that out of about 15 MD dealers I have talked to, the prices at Engage Armament are the LOWEST prices I have been quoted from any MD dealer to date.

Just FYI...

SciereVeritas

Jan 27, 2010
    Where is this gun cheeper so I can order one please let me know? Dont forget to add the cost of transfer shipping and having someone fire the gun for a shell casing..

CHEAPER.

Layman's Gun Shop. $1350 out the door shipped, not on sale (which I could get for you, if you aren't a douche), with the fired shell casing. Then you can use whoever you want to transfer it. Seems like it is under Engage's "sale" price to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom