• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    So I've seen some grumbling about the .22 conversion kits not locking back, but I've never really though about what a pain it could be until I bought a conversion kit for my 226. Counting rounds isn't hard, though I've come into the practice of loading an expended cartridge as the first round in a mag, and have not peened the chamber due to an empty mag.

I understand the reasoning for not having the follower engage the lever that locks the slide (for those who don't, the steel lever will eventually deform the aluminum slide's notch enough that you wouldn't be able to do this manually for the stripping of the pistol). It looks like some clever person has found a solution for this!

From the following thread on sigforum (http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1191009441?r=6131019441):

You are right Brett, I should have said there is no slide hold open provision in the 22 magazine for last round fired. Its not much trouble to install one by making a new shell feeder for the mag. I have a tool&die shop and in a few weeks when I get caught up some I will make one out of stainless. This will lock the slide back but not far enough to engage the slide catch lever but at least 3/4 inch back letting you know the clip is empty.

Pictures for said follower can be seen here: http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6861006641?r=4451038641#4451038641

This will supposedly be for sale at SigPower with the magazine and guide rod mods.

Now I don't have the conversion slide with me here, but theoretically, what kind of damage could this cause? Since this is made or steel, couldn't it damage the facing where the extractor holds the cartridge? I'd be happy to buy this if made of plastic as the follower would suffer the damage instead of the slide itself. What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom