• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnboy

Oct 18, 2022
    Flintstone md
    Just bought a sig p322 just wondering if anyone has owned a sigp322 and could give me information like or dis like good shooter or should have left at dealer

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't have one but they get good reviews. It's what I'd buy if I was in the market for a .22 pistol.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    It is a horrible gun. I will take it off your hands for 50% of what you paid.

Just kidding... It is my next gun.

Nobody

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    They are nice. A friend has one and I was shooting it last week. Seemed accurate and reliable with good ammo. It didn't like some random cheap ammo he had but ran fine on CCI SV and mini mags.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Hands down, the 322 is my favorite gun I own. And I own a lot of guns.

One you learn how to load the magazines right, it has been absolutely flawless for me. Eats everything. A few FTF here and there from crap Federal automatch bulk, but I’ve reloaded them into both my other Ruger .22s and it’s been just bad ammo.

Literally nothing compares. Factory 20 round magazines puts it leaps and bounds ahead of my Ruger Mark IV. Now with the factory 25 rounders, my Ruger Mark is completely dead to me. The “feel” of the 322 is also just perfect for my hands. It feels like a duty type pistol. Maybe hard to explain, but, I love it.

I have about 1500 rounds through mine, half suppressed. Simply amazing in all aspects. Accurate, reliable, light weight, etc. I can’t think of anything better. The Taurus TX22 maybe is the next closest competitor , even then it is 9 less rounds.

4F2D4941-EE7D-416F-AEC3-FE2D23AF9877.jpeg

Attachments

• D51E5E96-3968-426B-95A8-D6BE07DFC9DC.jpeg
      D51E5E96-3968-426B-95A8-D6BE07DFC9DC.jpeg
      251 KB · Views: 65

StickerPop

Sep 18, 2022
    Baltimore
    I picked one up at FreeState during their Black Friday sale for $500 with an optic. I’ve put 2000 rounds (mostly CCI standard velocity, meateater) without any issues. It’s been a fun and economical buy for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottR

Mark it Zero Dude!!!
    Feb 18, 2013
    Belair MD
    has anyone had any barrel leading issues? I'm hoping it was just a small issue with a few early pistols

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    No leading with CCI SV/subs, shot a brick suppressed, maybe a mag or two unsupressed. No real issues feeding, maybe a couple misfires when it was new, keeps relatively clean. It's an awesome pistol, Sig knocked it out of the park for what it is. Have a lot of 22 handguns, it's the top of the "tactical/ training 22" category, and redemption for Sig after the Mosquito.

ScottR

Mark it Zero Dude!!!
    Feb 18, 2013
    Belair MD
    No leading with CCI SV/subs, shot a brick suppressed, maybe a mag or two unsupressed. No real issues feeding, maybe a couple misfires when it was new, keeps relatively clean. It's an awesome pistol, Sig knocked it out of the park for what it is. Have a lot of 22 handguns, it's the top of the "tactical/ training 22" category, and redemption for Sig after the Mosquito.
    Thanks, I ran about 250 rds of Winchester M22 through mine the day I picked it up. Straight out of the box, no cleaning and it ran great. 4 Failure to fire, and didnt want to chamber the 1st rd by dropping the slide with the slide release. If I slingshot the slide it was fine. I'm gonna chalk it up to being brand new. Overall I'm really impressed with it.

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    Hands down, the 322 is my favorite gun I own. And I own a lot of guns.

One you learn how to load the magazines right, it has been absolutely flawless for me. Eats everything. A few FTF here and there from crap Federal automatch bulk, but I’ve reloaded them into both my other Ruger .22s and it’s been just bad ammo.

Literally nothing compares. Factory 20 round magazines puts it leaps and bounds ahead of my Ruger Mark IV. Now with the factory 25 rounders, my Ruger Mark is completely dead to me. The “feel” of the 322 is also just perfect for my hands. It feels like a duty type pistol. Maybe hard to explain, but, I love it.

I have about 1500 rounds through mine, half suppressed. Simply amazing in all aspects. Accurate, reliable, light weight, etc. I can’t think of anything better. The Taurus TX22 maybe is the next closest competitor , even then it is 9 less rounds.

View attachment 395413
    Wife has one of these and is also very happy with it. Have you had any light primer strikes, that you've noticed ? That to me seems like a cleaning/ammo related thing mostly. Also - any blowback when shooting supressed ? Waiting on 2 Sparrows to get out of NFA jail. Some daaaaaay....

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Wife has one of these and is also very happy with it. Have you had any light primer strikes, that you've noticed ? That to me seems like a cleaning/ammo related thing mostly. Also - any blowback when shooting supressed ? Waiting on 2 Sparrows to get out of NFA jail. Some daaaaaay....
    Mine took a few mags to run 100%, CCI SVs so good ammo, maybe 1 or 2 misfires per mag. Pin marks on the cases looked OK, but a 2nd hit and they fired, seemed to sort itself out after a couple hundred rounds, maybe a burr, maybe something tight slowing the hammer down, either way it broke in and ran fine afterwards. Shooting through an Oculus and Mask it does have "average" blowback, not as quiet as my MK4, which tends to trap the blowback in the receiver, but the P322 does suppress well. I do like the pistol, and it is well worth the cost, 20rd mags are awesome, but IMO it's not the answer to all things 22. My target pistols outshoot it, and my CP33 holds far more ammo, but not much is as versatile as the P322, and it's pretty reliable and well made.

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    Mine took a few mags to run 100%, CCI SVs so good ammo, maybe 1 or 2 misfires per mag. Pin marks on the cases looked OK, but a 2nd hit and they fired, seemed to sort itself out after a couple hundred rounds, maybe a burr, maybe something tight slowing the hammer down, either way it broke in and ran fine afterwards. Shooting through an Oculus and Mask it does have "average" blowback, not as quiet as my MK4, which tends to trap the blowback in the receiver, but the P322 does suppress well. I do like the pistol, and it is well worth the cost, 20rd mags are awesome, but IMO it's not the answer to all things 22. My target pistols outshoot it, and my CP33 holds far more ammo, but not much is as versatile as the P322, and it's pretty reliable and well made.
    Thats good to hear, hers has gotten better over time, but it does seem to get a few more light strikes than the TX22 or the G44. The Tx22 eats literally any trash that fits in the hole, the g44 anything mostly, but doesn't seem to like the Federal automatch also - I think it's underpowered sometimes.
    I found a youtube video of a guy that pulled the fire control module out of the gun and put a washer under the hammer spring which seemed to help tremendously, which I might try. Most of the time it fires - but primers are overall lighter hits than all our other .22's. Does your cycle subsonics or not ?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Thats good to hear, hers has gotten better over time, but it does seem to get a few more light strikes than the TX22 or the G44. The Tx22 eats literally any trash that fits in the hole, the g44 anything mostly, but doesn't seem to like the Federal automatch also - I think it's underpowered sometimes.
    I found a youtube video of a guy that pulled the fire control module out of the gun and put a washer under the hammer spring which seemed to help tremendously, which I might try. Most of the time it fires - but primers are overall lighter hits than all our other .22's. Does your cycle subsonics or not ?
    Yes, I use SVs and subs, no problem cycling with a R0 on top with or without the can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom