• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Onua

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2008
    Carroll County
    After my 3rd cup of coffee this morning I got to thinking about upgrades for the 22lr conversion for my P226. a little bit of Google-fu later I found a website called sigpower.com

Trick little upgrades they offer new followers, springs and stainless guide rods. check 'em out http://sigconversion.com/

Maybe a little pricey but I am going to order some today. Of course a range report will follow;)

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I have the springs and plugs in my 226 conversion mags. Holds 14 rounds perfectly. I've been thinking about the followers, a little pricey to do all the mags at once though.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    i believe thats where maui buy his parts too.. good stuff!

Yup!
    I have had and do have plenty of parts from Jeff
    Good guy but you're damn right expensive
    the 15 round plugs work fine without the springs he sell I didn't have any issues with FTFeed but I have heard of a few having the issue going from 10 rounds to 15 with the plugs and not changing the springs

the guide rod is just for show and the follower just makes it so your slide stays open on last round not sure it's worth it either.

MW

Onua

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2008
    Carroll County
    yeah the end where the machine cut it off seems to have a bur on it. It looks like a really tiny cat used it for a scrating post hehe I'm gonna see what i can do with a dremel to smooth it out. I went ahead and ordered the SS guide rod and an mag upgrade, with the follower also. I know the follower is a pricey piece but I like the slide lockback function

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Even though I think Jeff at SigPower does a great job and makes very high quality parts most of them are not needed.

To get my P226 conversion mags to hold more rounds all I did was replace the plug with a Black Dog Machine plug from one of my BDM AR mags that I have for my Sig 522.

See photo of BDM plugs
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=197397&d=1274267572

The plugs fit great with just a tiny, tiny bit of sanding around the base. Im able to have 14 rounds in my P226 conversion mags without any hard work or pricey parts. Shortening the plug's spring guide down to 1/4 inch allows for 16 rounds to fit inside the P226 conversion mags. I didnt have to change the spring. It feeds flawlessly so far. You can feel that the spring is under less tension but so far I havent had any malfunctions.

Ive done the same thing with my Advantage Arms Glock 17-22 Conversion Mags. Its easy, cheap, and works great.

If you need more information on making your own plugs or using the BDM plugs see the following threads:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347063

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1006784

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    It would be stupid easy to cut down the factory plug, basically chuck the flat end(without the tab that secures the base plate) into a drill or lathe, turn it down to .300" with a file or bit leaving a full diameter band .1" wide near the end that has the tab on it, and reduce the diameter about 1/2" up the plug. Then simply cut it off .3" from the base by the tab, smooth the cut edges, and voila, you have a 15rd plug for free, cut and round the guide on the follower for a 15th round in p220-22 mags, and get a longer spring, and you are set. The only issue I could see is that the factory spring is kinda soft, and might introduce some trouble feeding being it has to push rounds about 3/4" further up the mag than designed, a stronger and/or longer spring could work as long as cutting the guide tab on the follower does not cause the spring to compress too far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom