• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    I have been looking for an inexpensive side-by-side coach gun to be used with my ShortLane chamber adaptors ( http://www.gunadapters.com ) and found this used rig on Gunbroker.

It is a Chinese 20" 12 ga coach gun imported by Century Arms, and for the price, it fits my intended purpose.
    It's going to be an experimental range toy to see how these 12 ga to .45 ACP, and 12 ga to 9mm Luger chamber adapters work.

The gun was filthy when I got it, but after a can of Gun Scrubber was expended, and a liberal coating of EEZOX was applied, she is ready for testing.

Now, I just need to get to the range. :)

Attachments

• coach.jpg
      coach.jpg
      37.9 KB · Views: 527

Sheepdog6

Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    12 ga to .45, let alone 9mm, seems like a significant jump. I assume you're not expecting any kind of real accuracy out of it. What is the purpose of converting a shotgun caliber to pistol? (Before anyone mentions it, I get the .410ga to .45)

Not criticizing, actually curious.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Check out the adaptors at http://www.gunadapters.com

Accuracy? I will let you know once I get to the range.
    Reports are that at self defense distances up to 20 yards, accuracy is better than what you might expect. Many of the gun adapters are rifled barrels.

Purpose? One more item in the trick bag, should the need arise. ;)
    And... it's an inexpensive use for ammo I already have.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Those little coach guns kick like a friggin' mule! A friend of mine let me shoot his and all I can say is ouch!
    BTW...nice p/u. I like that portable multi-caliber idea.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I had one of these guns many years ago. Bought it to hunt javilinas down in Kingsville, Texas while stationed there. I was walking a fence line and spotted a group of the little porkers. I have the gun drawn up to my chest walking through the briars, draw back one of the spur hammers and dang it, the gun fired without my finger on the trigger. The shotgun recoiled, driving that hammer spur into my chest skin, cut me about 4 inches. I about peed my pants it hurt so much, and the porkers ran off laughing at me. That gun landed in the nearest pawn shop a few days later. Replaced by a Mossberg.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Been too long without a range report, so here it is.

I was able to shoot with the fellas from my department for our annual 'spring shoot', and took the side-by side.

The .45ACP adapters were rifled and had a 'scallop' so you could pull the spent shell out with a finger.
    The 9mm Luger adapters were not rifled, and did not have the 'scallop'. You needed to remove the adaptor from the breech and use the 'probe' provided to knock out the spent casing.

Both adapters shot almost identically at 20 yards... about 2 inches 10 o-clock high and left.
    Very consistent, tho I suspect it was because of the shotties Chinese manufacturing tolerances rather than the ShortLine tolerances.

Since my experience was a good one, I ordered the 9mm Luger 'Pathfinder' adapters.
    These things are 8" long, rifled, o-ringed, and have the scallop to pull the spent casing out after firing.
    Hope to get another range report soon.

Attachments

• 9mm Pathfinder.jpg
      9mm Pathfinder.jpg
      80.6 KB · Views: 201

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit