• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fodder4Thought

New Dad!!
    Jul 19, 2009
    ooh - what about bolting a .30 ammo can to a wall, perhaps hidden behind something? they're durable and waterproof, not to mention being good looking in a utilitarian kind of way

pop the handle and there's your gun.

Plinker

Later
    Aug 4, 2009
    One in the forehead should do it.

Attachments

• US-Divers-Sea-Hunter-Spear-.jpg
      US-Divers-Sea-Hunter-Spear-.jpg
      38.8 KB · Views: 168

Shots Fired

May 13, 2009
    Sparks, MD
    Stainless 12 gauge, Mossberg Mariner being one example. Use skateboard "grit tape" on the grip area of the slide and stock. Store barrel down, "cruiser ready". In other words, close the slide on an empty chamber and pull the trigger. Then load the magazine to capacity. If the need arises, VIOLENTLY AND POSITIVELY "shuck" a shell into the chamber and bring it to bear (or bare in this instance). This is a simple procedure for any "high moisture" scenario.. camping in the rain, boating...

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    This is precisely why I only take relaxing, quiet bubble baths with lavender scented bubbles and candles, so I have complete situational awareness and can reach for the .50 Beowulf AR when I hear an intruder. I have a tactical terry cloth bath robe and fuzzy bunny slippers so that I can clear the house without making a sound. Woe unto evildoers who disturb my bathtime.

:lol2:

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Wow, since this thread has been resurrected, Naval Special Warfare sailors use the SIG P226 and still have the S&W stainless 686 .357.
    If a stainless wheelgun works for SEALs, it should be fine in the tub.:)

Keep it well oiled and clean it occasionally and you should be gtg.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Hey that reminds me of a story of where a intruder was horribly maimed when a "Antique iver Johnson pistol exploded in his face" that'll teach em to just go around useing any gun he happens to find outside someones bathroom. :innocent0

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Wow, since this thread has been resurrected, Naval Special Warfare sailors use the SIG P226 and still have the S&W stainless 686 .357.
    If a stainless wheelgun works for SEALs, it should be fine in the tub.:)

Keep it well oiled and clean it occasionally and you should be gtg.
    The frame and barrel might be stainless, but what about the internals and will they suffer corrosion?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Hey that reminds me of a story of where a intruder was horribly maimed when a "Antique iver Johnson pistol exploded in his face" that'll teach em to just go around useing any gun he happens to find outside someones bathroom. :innocent0
    Oh I've got a few guns that if someone stole and tried to use they would be in for a terrible surprise all right. ;)

Fodder4Thought

New Dad!!
    Jul 19, 2009
    The frame and barrel might be stainless, but what about the internals and will they suffer corrosion?

I'm a bit confused - are you looking for a way to store the all-but-disposable gun you already have in the shower while protecting it enough to ensure its functionality, or are you looking for a new firearm to keep with you while you bathe?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008

Spray liberally with WD-40... that's why it comes in a spray can. :) Simple is the answer here for a shower gun. Something with few hidden parts and that would fire under any condition....

The easy answer is an AK pistol. ;)

Other great shower gun choices, that would unfortunately be against the law without proper NFA paperwork include:

PPS-43, so simple to keep clean and dry.
    a sten gun

When in doubt, either have the weapon chrome plated or build the recevier out of 321 stainless steel.

I think that a shower gun that makes sense is the TTC, it has very accessible internals. So being easy to clean is the number 1 priority.

A chrome plated TTC would look badass.

Mark

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's

I can't say 100% for sure but I think the internals are stainless too. That being said, not sure if you can make stainless springs. We woud swim them, dive them whatever. Cleanup was rinse with fresh water dry with compressed air and clean like any other gun. We would occasionall soak them in DFM then brush on Pine oil, rinse, blow dry and ad CLP for a squeaky clean weapon..

Fodder4Thought

New Dad!!
    Jul 19, 2009

Ammo is kinda like toilet paper - disposable, can be hard or soft, is more expensive than it should be, is the most important thing in the world when you need it but don't have it, and is something you never want hurtling towards you if it's been used.

'Least, that's how I see it. I suppose that's also why I'm not allowed to do the shopping.

Last edited:
    Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    stainless, tenifer, etc sounsd nice, but still have to worry about ammo getting wet

we need bathroom katanas. :thumbsup:

Never had a misfire from wet ammo even after its been well soaked in seawater. Not to say it never happens, but never had any issues nor do I know of any using gov't issue green tip, .45 ACP, 9MM, .38 or .357.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom