• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I wanted to do something different with my Mini. Black seemed too tactical for a Mini especially considering the law of no pistol grips. Camouflage is silly for a plinker. I went with a pure high gloss white piano type finish to contrast the black parts. It feels ultra slick like a fresh automotive finish. Unfortunately my camera cannot really capture the high contrast and shine of the gun, but here are my best attempt at photos below. It looks somewhat storm trooper IMHO:

25fhqg0.jpg

oj0ykj.jpg

9jdj68.jpg

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Definitely different :thumbsup:

OBTW: what is the flash hider?

It is not a flash hider, that would be illegal.;) IIRC it is a John Masen muzzle brake which is ATF legal. The brake is significant as it dampens the harmonics in the Mini 14 noodle barrel. It almost cuts the MOA in half.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Hey...that's pretty cool!!! great paint job! Do mine please!:D

Send it over. The process to make that stock was A LOT of trial, error, and fail. I have the process down now. Honestly that stock has ~8 layers of paint as I was experimenting on what works and sanding down what does not.

Seriously, no one else has a Mini 14 pic?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    It is not a flash hider, that would be illegal.;) IIRC it is a John Masen muzzle brake which is ATF legal. The brake is significant as it dampens the harmonics in the Mini 14 noodle barrel. It almost cuts the MOA in half.

Flash hider is not prohibited by any federal/ATF rules.....maybe a DC thing....:)

nice looking rifle...

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The Mini-14's evil brother. the Factory AC556K machinegun. The ultimate A-team fanboy's gun.:D

1. AC556K in SCARCQB/ Sage stock chasis, DMS1, M42000 can, Beta C
    2. AC556 Scar/ TLR1
    3. AC556K vs M16 Shorty
    4. M1A EBR Chop mod ( his), Ac556 scar ( hers), the Scarcqb stock chasis is a miniaturized version of the Sage/EBR stock.
    Hers is accessorized with a " happy switch"

Attachments

• AC556KSCAR.jpg
      AC556KSCAR.jpg
      54.8 KB · Views: 811
    • ac55kk1.jpg
      ac55kk1.jpg
      26.9 KB · Views: 844
    • DSCN0027.jpg
      DSCN0027.jpg
      18.2 KB · Views: 829
    • sage EBR1.jpg
      sage EBR1.jpg
      78.4 KB · Views: 2,445

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Add some tap dancing shoes and a white tux and you are set.

I was thinking a drum corps....or a marching band.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is proud to welcome the Marching Band from Our Lady of Reduced Recoil, from Bridgeport Connecticut."

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Add some tap dancing shoes and a white tux and you are set.
    Fair play. I was going for a new interpretation of firearms. They do not have to look scary to be meat ax lethal.
    I like it looks good gives me some ideas what i could do with mine. Thanks!
    I had a lot of ideas about colors, pin stripes, and Ruger logos. I went simple to not overstate the gun. Good luck!
    Flash hider is not prohibited by any federal/ATF rules.....maybe a DC thing....:)
    nice looking rifle...
    Thank you. Flash hiders are a DC and CA thing. DC mostly follows CA laws. ATF was able to differentiate the difference between a rifle flash hider and a muzzle brake. Flash hider makes the Mini an assault rifle and muzzle brake is perfectly legal. IMHO what I have looks and functions exactly like a flash hider, but I would never argue with ATF. I follow the law.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Mini-14.jpg

Here's mine I'll have to get a another stock before I start trying cause it was my first gun so really don't want to change its original stock but there are other woods on ebay

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Fair play. I was going for a new interpretation of firearms. They do not have to look scary to be meat ax lethal.

I had a lot of ideas about colors, pin stripes, and Ruger logos. I went simple to not overstate the gun. Good luck!

Thank you. Flash hiders are a DC and CA thing. DC mostly follows CA laws. ATF was able to differentiate the difference between a rifle flash hider and a muzzle brake. Flash hider makes the Mini an assault rifle and muzzle brake is perfectly legal. IMHO what I have looks and functions exactly like a flash hider, but I would never argue with ATF. I follow the law.

Just a thought, now that I have goodnaturedly mocked your gun. Really, it looks great. Would never have thought white, but it works really well.

Any thoughts about scuffs or marks, or is it largely resistant to them?

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Here's mine I'll have to get a another stock before I start trying cause it was my first gun so really don't want to change its original stock but there are other woods on ebay

I kept my original stock and bought one cheap on gunbroker to work with in case aggressive refinishing went wrong.

Originally it looked like the below, much more sedate than SCARCQB's amazing war machine.

IMG_5192.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom