• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    Inherited this a while ago. I'm not to familiar with what it is exactly. Anybody have any info on this?

Attachments

• IMG_0589.jpg
      IMG_0589.jpg
      68.9 KB · Views: 548
    • IMG_0591.jpg
      IMG_0591.jpg
      59.7 KB · Views: 544
    • IMG_0592.jpg
      IMG_0592.jpg
      59.6 KB · Views: 564
    • IMG_0593.jpg
      IMG_0593.jpg
      28.5 KB · Views: 520

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I got my hands on my great grandfathers old pocket knife, but i cant seem to figure out the can opener on the end of it. It doesnt seem to fit a normal (modern) can lid. Were can tops different 100 years ago give or take a few decades?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      67.1 KB · Views: 500

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I got my hands on my great grandfathers old pocket knife, but i cant seem to figure out the can opener on the end of it. It doesnt seem to fit a normal (modern) can lid. Were can tops different 100 years ago give or take a few decades?

Yep, its an old can style; side can opener, used up until about 1946. I do wonder if it would still work on modern cans.

This explains it pretty well:

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Just finished this one for my wedding cake. Ghost green g10 handles and forest green liners. Cpm3v, not really needed on this, but it's what I had on hand.

Attachments

• IMG_2215.jpg
      IMG_2215.jpg
      103.9 KB · Views: 521
    • IMG_2216.jpg
      IMG_2216.jpg
      92.5 KB · Views: 551

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Picked up a ZT 0804CF Rexford. Wasn't a knife that was really on my radar, till I handled one. It's relatively simple and plain, but the handle feels awesome, fits the hand well, and the big guard keeps it secure without much jimping or texture to chew on hands. The blade is a long classic drop point, the tip is fine without being too delicate, a good belly and high flat grind with a thin edge, good all around shape and CPM 20CV is good all around steel. The machined Ti pocket clip is a work of art, the blade flies open on KVT bearings, and flips very well, no thumb studs to get in the way of a cut, freakishly light for it's size. Reminds me of a Sebenza, relatively simple design, and similar blade shape, well made with premium materials, should be a good versatile blade to carry.

20171002_151934.jpg

20171002_152005.jpg

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Picked up a ZT 0804CF Rexford. Wasn't a knife that was really on my radar, till I handled one. It's relatively simple and plain, but the handle feels awesome, fits the hand well, and the big guard keeps it secure without much jimping or texture to chew on hands. The blade is a long classic drop point, the tip is fine without being too delicate, a good belly and high flat grind with a thin edge, good all around shape and CPM 20CV is good all around steel. The machined Ti pocket clip is a work of art, the blade flies open on KVT bearings, and flips very well, no thumb studs to get in the way of a cut, freakishly light for it's size. Reminds me of a Sebenza, relatively simple design, and similar blade shape, well made with premium materials, should be a good versatile blade to carry.

View attachment 215232

View attachment 215233

The one on the right looks like a 0560. I love the weight and size of the 0560. I’ve got two and they fit my hand perfectly.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The one on the right looks like a 0560. I love the weight and size of the 0560. I’ve got two and they fit my hand perfectly.

Yes, 0561. fits my hand and grippy as hell, I do wish ZT was still putting out 3D machined scales, they were pretty cool, where most of their newer production stuff is flat Ti sometimes with a slab of G10 or Carbon fiber on the display side.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones

I think maybe you've been a bad influence on me - I swear the same exact thing happened to me last month.

Was detouring to the Hamburg, PA Cabelas to look at a couple of Benchmades on my way back from a work trip and saw the ZT0804CF in the case and asked to see it. Couldn't put it down. Impossibly light for its size. Maybe too big for office EDC, but that hasn't stopped me from carrying it to work several times. Absolutely love this knife. Shown below (middle) with two other comparably sized ZTs, an 0560BW on left and an 0909KVT on the right.

Attachments

• IMAG0736.jpg
      IMAG0736.jpg
      18.2 KB · Views: 360
    • IMAG0737.jpg
      IMAG0737.jpg
      19.1 KB · Views: 365

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I think maybe you've been a bad influence on me - I swear the same exact thing happened to me last month.

Was detouring to the Hamburg, PA Cabelas to look at a couple of Benchmades on my way back from a work trip and saw the ZT0804CF in the case and asked to see it. Couldn't put it down. Impossibly light for its size. Maybe too big for office EDC, but that hasn't stopped me from carrying it to work several times. Absolutely love this knife. Shown below (middle) with two other comparably sized ZTs, an 0560BW on left and an 0909KVT on the right.

nice, that is where I handled it, but bought on sale at Blade HQ. It's a beauty, they discontinued it recently, so the current "clearance" prices just might be the least this knife will go for. Surprisingly they didn't sell as well as KAI thought it would, seems most on Bladeforums turned up their nose to it. Coated blade, lack of a sharpening choil, initial $350MSRP, the "Made in the USA" on the pivot, I don't have a problem with any of it. It's one of the simpler designs of my larger tactical blades, but the materials and construction are top notch, and in this case simple works well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom